Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #1

Question tv problem

Hi all. As I am new to the forum and this my first post, I was unsure which section to post in. DW and I recently purchased a 2016 Rockwood 8265WS Signature Ultra Lite fifth wheel. We have had several campers, the last being a 2014 Thor Ace 27.1 motor home which we have for sale right now. We did like that, but DW wanted more room, hence the 5er. The only thing I have on the repair punch list is the 40" living room TV pops up out from a built in cabinet in rear of camper and is great idea. The problem is the infra red sensor on the tv is below the level of the top of the cabinet it pops out of and you must walk to TV and point it down into cabinet to effect a change of station, volume or on and off. I looked in cabinet as best I could and could see no adjustments for height and if there was would TV not close up flat with the top of cabinet. Any ideas, thoughts or first hand experience would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Old codger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:02 AM   #2

Congrats on the new purchase of the 5er and welcome to the forum
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old codger View Post
Hi all. As I am new to the forum and this my first post, I was unsure which section to post in. DW and I recently purchased a 2016 Rockwood 8265WS Signature Ultra Lite fifth wheel. We have had several campers, the last being a 2014 Thor Ace 27.1 motor home which we have for sale right now. We did like that, but DW wanted more room, hence the 5er. The only thing I have on the repair punch list is the 40" living room TV pops up out from a built in cabinet in rear of camper and is great idea. The problem is the infra red sensor on the tv is below the level of the top of the cabinet it pops out of and you must walk to TV and point it down into cabinet to effect a change of station, volume or on and off. I looked in cabinet as best I could and could see no adjustments for height and if there was would TV not close up flat with the top of cabinet. Any ideas, thoughts or first hand experience would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Use a strategically placed mirror?
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:35 AM   #4

How about a different remote. One that you can program for just about any tv
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:50 AM   #5

I would think that there's an adjustment on the mechanism somewhere
Old 08-22-2015, 12:03 PM   #6
Site Team

Nope. I have the same problem on my rockwood. Except I don't have to get up, only hold the remote up high.
I've considered 2 mods. One is to raise the TV in the mounting slots about an inch and find a way to keep it from coming out of the Mount bracket. (Access is only through the window behind it)
The other is to one day take the TV out and see if I can find a place to plug in an infrared extender like the one that came with my HP desktop with media software. Just a basic ear jack looking plug with a little sensor on the other end. If this works I'd tape the sensor to the top of TV.
If I every get around to it I'll post the modifications on frf.
Good luck. If you find a solution let us know.
And welcome to the forum.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote