Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #1

TV Problems

I have a 2018 Wildwood 202rdxl and I'm able to grab channels on the kitchen tv but the bedroom tv won't pick any up. Is there a trick? I'm wondering if trying to use the hookup outside would cause problems also.
walter.wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
Site Team

There regularly are reports of coax connections being loose, bad, and not made at all behind the plates in new RV's. Start by pulling the plates and see if you see any bad or loose connectors. Then work your way back from there.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:01 PM   #3

Also if you have one marked for sattilite try hooking it up to that. It maybe mislabeled. My new RV had one of them mislabeled.
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:09 AM   #4

I had the same problem with my 48" Jensen LR TV. After running a cable from the BR outlet to the LR TV and from the LR outlet to the BR TV, I quickly figured out that it wasn't an outlet problem. I called Jensen Tech Support and they sent me a new TV. (I'm still under warranty... I also had to get an "expert" technician to confirm diagnosis.) TV in LR works great now!
Jerry33IK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
There regularly are reports of coax connections being loose, bad, and not made at all behind the plates in new RV's. Start by pulling the plates and see if you see any bad or loose connectors. Then work your way back from there.

I just pulled the plate and it looks like it's ok but can't get much to come out to check further. A long screw did fall out tho.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8lvy View Post
Also if you have one marked for sattilite try hooking it up to that. It maybe mislabeled. My new RV had one of them mislabeled.

I guess I will try that too.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry33IK View Post
I had the same problem with my 48" Jensen LR TV. After running a cable from the BR outlet to the LR TV and from the LR outlet to the BR TV, I quickly figured out that it wasn't an outlet problem. I called Jensen Tech Support and they sent me a new TV. (I'm still under warranty... I also had to get an "expert" technician to confirm diagnosis.) TV in LR works great now!

I have another newer tv I can check that with
Old 06-18-2017, 01:55 PM   #8

Did you go into the menu on bedroom tv and switch to the proper signal input cable or air, then do a channel search?

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote