Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #1

TV Signal splitter

Hi All;
I have a new 8528 CKWS that had zero antenna signal with the booster on. I did some searching and found the wall plate/booster had no connections to the boosted signal, front terminals on the plate were not being used, they had taken a splitter from the "2nd tv" port on the rear of the plate and ran that signal to all the tv's.
I removed the coax "to" the splitter and connected to the front of the plate marked cable, turned the booster on and got a couple channels; my question is- how many tv's can I run off the booster and will I receive more channels if I reduce the number of tv's connected to it?

Thanks,
Jeff
Md Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md Jeff View Post
Hi All;
I have a new 8528 CKWS that had zero antenna signal with the booster on. I did some searching and found the wall plate/booster had no connections to the boosted signal, front terminals on the plate were not being used, they had taken a splitter from the "2nd tv" port on the rear of the plate and ran that signal to all the tv's.
I removed the coax "to" the splitter and connected to the front of the plate marked cable, turned the booster on and got a couple channels; my question is- how many tv's can I run off the booster and will I receive more channels if I reduce the number of tv's connected to it?

Thanks,
Jeff

Running the coax that way is pretty standard.
No, you would not get more channels since the TV signals are now digital.

Search here using "Winegard" and "Wingman" as search terms for a complete education (with manuals) on how digital TV works and how to optimize TV reception in a digital RV world.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #3

I may be alittle confused about what you did or am doing. The coax from the ant. should attach to the back of the wall plate with the power booster button. The back of that plate has two connections one for ant. and one for cable. As you talked about only the stations via ant. will stick to that. Once you hook the ant. coax to the back of the plate you will want a short pig tall from the front connection to a "splitter" then off to the tv's. You should be able to run two maybe three tv's.

As for channels with the new digital signals it becomes very directional. By that the ant. position plays a large part in how many channels and for how long you will get the channesl. The number of tv's plays no part in how many channels you get or how strong those are.

Make sure all of your coax connections are wrench tight, that played a big difference in reception quality.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

There are 3 connections back there. Cable, antenna, and TV2
TV1 is on the front.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #5

Yep, tv's worked good except for the signal dropping in and out, very aggravating so a Wingman (or similar) is definitely in the future. Both tv's were the same, digital signal lost, back on and then lost again every couple minutes.
Md Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote