Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2020, 04:39 PM   #1

TV sound to ceiling speakers

My wife and I just purchased a slightly used 2020, Rockwood, Geo pro, 19 FD Travel Trailer. What a great trailer! Part of the standard equipment is a NAXA 22 inch wide LED TV, And a Furrion DV 7200 entertainment system. During the walk around just before we took possession of it, the representative had the TV on, and I’m almost positive had the sound going through the ceiling speakers. Well when we took it out, wouldn’t you know it, I can’t seem to get the sound to go through the speakers. On the back of the TV there are two audio out cables that are connected. That would suggest that the sound is being piped to the entertainment center, and then should be sent to the ceiling speakers. Tried every setting for the radio entertainment center, and the TV, and could not get the sound of the TV to come through speakers. Any ideas out there?
manatee4148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:18 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I don't have your system so my suggestion is just a guess. with the TV on and the volume down check the inputs to the entertainment system. I'm sure someone on the forum will have a much better answer.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:23 AM   #3

Thanks
Old 10-29-2020, 09:27 AM   #4

Since this is a 2020 model, it may use HDMI connections, not analog audio cable. Is there an HDMI cable running between the TV and the entertainment sound system? If so, that cable can carry the audio signal. To hear that TV audio through the sound system, you may have to select it as an input on the sound system, and it may be called HDMI ARC (audio return channel). Is that a source selection on your sound system?
Old 10-29-2020, 09:33 AM   #5

I’ll have to check when I get to the trailer where we store it. Since I saw the cables on the back of the TV from the “ audio out” connections, I thought that would be carrying the TV sound.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:58 PM   #6

AUX

Try the AUX button on the Furrion.
Boscorelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:13 PM   #7
rfifer

Sound through ceiling speakers

We have a 26 DBH with the same model furrion system. My brother-in-law and I had to manually connect our TV to the 7200. It is rather easy to find out how your TV is connected. The frame around the 7200 pops out revealing anchor screws, Remove them and you can slide out the 7200 unit. That will make it easy to see how those audio-out cables are connected and to what 7200 input. Ours is set up (by our connection) so that we select AV in order to route the sound through the ceiling. But when you visualize the back of the 7200, you can see how the factory or dealer connected those audio cables and know what selection to choose to route the sound.
TV F-150
rfifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:42 PM   #8

I have never had an RV sound system that was hooked up or wired correctly. I have had to rewire all them to get surround sound to work and TV sound to route correctly. My current RV had everything wired mono, not even stereo, much less surround! The TV wasn't wired into the receiver and ceiling speakers at all, but the cable was there. Must have been a bad day at the factory
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:20 PM   #9

Remember...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I have never had an RV sound system that was hooked up or wired correctly. I have had to rewire all them to get surround sound to work and TV sound to route correctly. My current RV had everything wired mono, not even stereo, much less surround! The TV wasn't wired into the receiver and ceiling speakers at all, but the cable was there. Must have been a bad day at the factory
Remember, the assemblers probably have neither TV nor radio, nor A/V, nor home theater at home. They probably have no idea what it's supposed to sound like--or even how to turn it on.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:38 PM   #10
Site Team

First off Wildcat is talking about a 2012 and the OP is asking about a 2020. NOT The same, not even close!
Also implying the Amish who -might be- working in the factory are clueless is not fair and most likely not true.
We're looking for helpful suggestions here!
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
First off Wildcat is talking about a 2012 and the OP is asking about a 2020. NOT The same, not even close!
Also implying the Amish who -might be- working in the factory are clueless is not fair and most likely not true.
We're looking for helpful suggestions here!
Hmmm. Haven't seen much real change in how stereo/speakers are wired between my old 2012 and new RVs.
And I never implied anything about the Amish skills. And not all of my RVs have been FR, or even made in Indiana.
I just helped my nephew fix the speaker wiring in his giant 2018 Highlander toy hauler. Left and right was switched on some speakers and some weren't connected.
It's just been my experience that speaker wiring/testing is not a priority in RVs.
So if your speakers sound strange, or don't work the way you think they should, check the wiring!
Old 10-30-2020, 04:30 PM   #12
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Since this is a 2020 model, it may use HDMI connections, not analog audio cable. Is there an HDMI cable running between the TV and the entertainment sound system? If so, that cable can carry the audio signal. To hear that TV audio through the sound system, you may have to select it as an input on the sound system, and it may be called HDMI ARC (audio return channel). Is that a source selection on your sound system?
X2
Check to see if you have an HDMI cable off the back of the TV connected into your sound system. That’s how mine works too.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:39 PM   #13

NMWildcat I was just perusing the Forum to see if I could find answers to my sound system questions and came across your post which may be the most relevant. We have a 2012 Wildcat 313RE OK that has the Jensen radio/dvd/cd/usb/tv system. The four speakers on ceiling and outside speakers only work on radio. When my wife plays her cd's the sound only comes out the tv speakers. I never thought the tv would come out of the ceiling speakers but possibly it should for a true surround sound. I just thought it very strange that the cds would only come the tv speakers. Can you comment on this and possibly point me in the correct direction to rectify what I think is wrong. Maybe it's not. Thanks in advance for your time.

Ken Holmes
2012 FR Wildcat 313 5er
2016 RAM 2500 6.4 Hemi
Holmes2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:02 PM   #14
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes2016 View Post
NMWildcat I was just perusing the Forum to see if I could find answers to my sound system questions and came across your post which may be the most relevant. We have a 2012 Wildcat 313RE OK that has the Jensen radio/dvd/cd/usb/tv system. The four speakers on ceiling and outside speakers only work on radio. When my wife plays her cd's the sound only comes out the tv speakers. I never thought the tv would come out of the ceiling speakers but possibly it should for a true surround sound. I just thought it very strange that the cds would only come the tv speakers. Can you comment on this and possibly point me in the correct direction to rectify what I think is wrong. Maybe it's not. Thanks in advance for your time.

Ken Holmes
Can you identify the exact model of a Jensen unit you have?
I do have an HDMI cable from the TV to the Jensen HDMI ARC connector.

Here’s mine.

BTW.....is the new bridge in town open yet?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1852731D-7702-4535-B277-7CAA40E91559.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	242225   Click image for larger version

Name:	30A21B75-CFEF-40C1-860A-0A105B9D079E.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	242226   Click image for larger version

Name:	7F3900B0-8737-4F65-9884-46FB28FC8FC8.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	242227  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:04 PM   #15

Look for speaker buttons ABC

On our FR, there are three separate sets of speakers that can be enabled and disabled autonomously. Look for buttons that are labelled A B and C for mainroom, bedroom, and outside - might be just that simple.
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:23 PM   #16

Quote:

Ken Holmes
Sounds like you have some of the same problems I did. I pulled the Jensen out and traced all the wiring, then figured out how to move the rca connectors around to do what it should be doing, as well as wire the speaker wires correcty so it would be stereo.
my memory is not very good from 9 years ago but I believe the rca sound cables go from the back of the TV to the Jensen using AUX 2 input. Then there are also some rca cables that go from a multi selector switch to Jensen AUX 1 where you can switch between satellite/dvd/mp3 etc (see pic). When you select am/fm or cd, it automatically plays out of whichever speaker group you select (a,b,c). It should not play out of the TV speakers
I do remember it took me most of 2 days and my wife didn't think I would ever get it back together. She walked in, saw many, many wires and the Jensen in the middle of the floor and just walked out again w/o saying a word
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201030_175530381.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	242238Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201030_175603873.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	242239
Old 10-30-2020, 08:43 PM   #17

Kenandterry My model of Jensen is exactly the same as NMWildcat's as seen in their post. I may have to try to follow his train of thought for the wiring as it sounds like my unit should work the way I thought it should. Thanks for reply and no, the bridge is still out. Due to be open Dec.4 Will be glad when it is as we live on south side of river.
2012 FR Wildcat 313 5er
2016 RAM 2500 6.4 Hemi
Old 10-30-2020, 09:05 PM   #18

Thanks NMWildcat. I think you may have hit the nail right on the head. I wish I hadn't covered the trailer so soon now as would go out and have a go at the wire checking while it is fresh in my mind. I have printed out your response and will check it out in spring. Almost tempted to get under cover as I think about it. Your Jensen appears to be exactly the same as mine. I don't remember the RCA panel behind the tv though but it could be there.
2012 FR Wildcat 313 5er
2016 RAM 2500 6.4 Hemi
Old 10-30-2020, 09:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Thanks NMWildcat. I think you may have hit the nail right on the head. I wish I hadn't covered the trailer so soon now as would go out and have a go at the wire checking while it is fresh in my mind. I have printed out your response and will check it out in spring. Almost tempted to get under cover as I think about it. Your Jensen appears to be exactly the same as mine. I don't remember the RCA panel behind the tv though but it could be there.
Actually the panel with the rca jacks and selector switch is in a cubby beside the TV. I assume the cubby is for a satellite receiver, game, etc. If you don't have one (RCA jack panel) I'm wondering how you are supposed to use the AUX1 and 2 inputs. Interesting. You will have to let us know what you find!
Old 10-31-2020, 11:59 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by manatee4148 View Post
My wife and I just purchased a slightly used 2020, Rockwood, Geo pro, 19 FD Travel Trailer. What a great trailer! Part of the standard equipment is a NAXA 22 inch wide LED TV, And a Furrion DV 7200 entertainment system. During the walk around just before we took possession of it, the representative had the TV on, and I’m almost positive had the sound going through the ceiling speakers. Well when we took it out, wouldn’t you know it, I can’t seem to get the sound to go through the speakers. On the back of the TV there are two audio out cables that are connected. That would suggest that the sound is being piped to the entertainment center, and then should be sent to the ceiling speakers. Tried every setting for the radio entertainment center, and the TV, and could not get the sound of the TV to come through speakers. Any ideas out there?
I don't know your set-up, but you might try putting radio on AUX.
garyp1951 is offline   Reply With Quote