Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #1

Under trailer lighting

We have a 2017 Salem cruise lite trailer. All of a sudden, the under trailer lighting stopped working. Any ideas for fixing or does it have to go back to dealer for repair?
Susan Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:07 PM   #2

I know this is an old post. We have a 2019 Salem Cruise Lite (171RBXL) and we have the same problem: our undercarriage lights suddenly stopped working.
Did anyone find a fix for the problem?
Appreciate insights!
flosmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:45 PM   #3

Maybe the guy in the campsite next to you crawled under there in the middle of the night and cut the wires.
BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:26 PM   #4

Under trailer lighting

BarabooBob:
Hahaha, she said sarcastically. No one was near us the last time the lights worked, and our campsite was completely surrounded by brush. And they aren’t bright at all. Just barely enough light to not trip, and only right by the steps.
I crawled under the trailer, and the wire looks fine.
But now I know you are the kind of person who condones damaging another’s property!
Old 02-04-2021, 07:15 PM   #5

I never said that I condoned vandalism and I would never do that. I am a retired law enforcement officer with 23 years of service. Please don't jump to conclusions about someone's character and ethics. I never had a single complaint filed against me for any reason.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:03 PM   #6

Under trailer lighting

I am so very sorry, and you are right to correct me!
So many on the forum do say words to the effect that ‘next time I see such-n-such I’m gonna do thus-and so’ that I jumped to an unwarranted conclusion that I should not have. It also happened that on the same trip where the lights went out, that someone came into our campsite during the day and both flipped our breaker and unplugged our trailer every time we drove away from our site. There were no electrical surges (I checked with the office) or problems, and it only happened the 3 times we left the campsite, once only for about 20 minutes, so we were definitely being messed with. It was hot, in Florida, and our toy poodle was inside the trailer (she doesn’t bark) one of the times while we were in Florida for a funeral. As soon as one particular neighbor left the park (on the opposite side of the trailer from where the undercarriage lights would have been visible), the electric ‘problems’/shenanigans suddenly stopped. All that to say, I’m a little jumpy about vandalism at a campsite at this point, for the first time in about 28 years of camping.
I’m very sorry I made unwarranted accusations. Please forgive me.
I really am a nice person.

Thank you for your sacrifices in law enforcement, keeping us all safe!
Old 02-06-2021, 06:46 PM   #7

I agree that some people on any of the forums will make some crazy comments about scare lights and underbody lights. I personally don't care for them but I would never vandalize someone's stuff. I don't hold grudges or take offence to people's comments. If I had thin skin I would not have lasted 23 years in law enforcement. The only times that people's comments got me uptight were when somebody would make comments about coming after my family. At that point, I don't play well with others.

Tags
light, trailer