Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2019, 08:47 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandK-M View Post
Other than being grandfathered, did they say why, or if there was a replacement prepaid plan?

Ray
Only thing I've seen is reports on Reddit (50/50 on reliability) that the only prepaid plan will be 15 gig a month for $70. That's not bad as long as you don't stream video, which can eat up a few gigs a day so 15 gig wouldn't last a week.

Hopefully rvmobilinternet.com will release more info to the public It's a paid site but usually publishes info for the non-paid folks a day or so after the initial stuff. And, they are usually extremely accurate.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #42

I’m definitely torn on what to do at the end of the season. I hate the idea of paying $65 per month from October until April when I doubt I’ll use it at all off season, but I don’t think I can suspend the plan without losing it since it’s been canceled. I suppose I could keep it in my truck and use it for streaming, but it would be pretty much completely unneeded and a waste. I could drop it and hope to find some sort of decent plan next year, but that’s a gamble.

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:31 PM   #43
Always Learning

Quote:
I’m definitely torn on what to do at the end of the season. I hate the idea of paying $65 per month from October until April when I doubt I’ll use it at all off season, but I don’t think I can suspend the plan without losing it since it’s been canceled.
You absolutely will lose it and won't get it back.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:46 PM   #44

Quote:
I’m definitely torn on what to do at the end of the season. I hate the idea of paying $65 per month from October until April when I doubt I’ll use it at all off season, but I don’t think I can suspend the plan without losing it since it’s been canceled. I suppose I could keep it in my truck and use it for streaming, but it would be pretty much completely unneeded and a waste. I could drop it and hope to find some sort of decent plan next year, but that’s a gamble.

Ray
Verizon really would appreciate it if you “suspended” your plan. Do you think they will tell you there’s no such thing as suspending the plan...only canceling is allowed.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:22 PM   #45

[QUOTE=RandK-M;2137367]I’m definitely torn on what to do at the end of the season. I hate the idea of paying $65 per month from October until April when I doubt I’ll use it at all off season, but I don’t think I can suspend the plan without losing it since it’s been canceled. I suppose I could keep it in my truck and use it for streaming, but it would be pretty much completely unneeded and a waste. I could drop it and hope to find some sort of decent plan next year, but that’s a gamble.

Ray[/QUOTE

What i found worked better the the jet pack was my i-phone . faster , still easy streaming even after the so called 15gb date throttle back . if you plug it into a laptop you can still download to the phone and do up-dates all the while taking calls . So i dumped the jet pack a month ago and don't mis it one bit . just use the phone hotspot and save 20 a month
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:11 PM   #46

I use mine all the time. In the truck and at home when the power goes out or staying in a hotel.I don't like using public wifi. But I can understand not wanting to pay for something you rarely use. I don't want to lose the plan because it's so much better than the hassle of satellite.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote