Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2018, 01:41 PM   #1

Weboost - Do you think this will work?

We are looking to get a Weboost to use in our tow vehicle and also in our Rockwood Mini Lite. We are looking at the 4GX (not the RV one). If anyone has experience do you think this is a crazy setup?

We don't want to have to put the antenna on the roof, so I had this idea that we could put a magnetic tray on the outside of the trailer next to the door, place the antenna on it and run the cable through the window or the door. I read somewhere that the "hershey" bar portion of the setup should not be near the antenna. We were thinking of keeping it all on that side of the trailer near the door.

Any help, or insight would be great. We go away a lot, and need internet access that is reliable.
tmlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:10 PM   #2

The Weboost works great if setup properly. The outdoor antenna should be located as high as possible if you want to achive any improvment in signal. Also the indoor antenna must be 20 feet horizontally away from the outdoor antenna to prevent feedback. If the booster detects feedback it will shutdown the particular band(s) that is causing the problem.
Some configs may have different requirements on antenna spacing. Check the kit you are looking at carefully for the specs.

I use the RV Drive system and it has performed great getting a solid signal strength for voice and data. With it turned off there is no usable signal in these same locations . This is measuring using actual strength in decibels, not displayed bars (which are higly inaccurate). On the device.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:50 PM   #3
Always Learning

You absolutely want as much separation between the indoor and outdoor antennas. I didn’t get these instructions to the installer who did mine and I never got decent boosting out of mine. It often showed that bands were being blocked.

The outdoor plan you have is fine, just run the inside away as much as possible.