Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2017, 11:40 PM   #41

Bwahahaha- I DID THE SAME THING LAST YEAR. Makes me feel better with someone else fussing up. I ran the water, thought it was about full, flipped the switch and went about other things. What's this no hot water. Checked and confirmed- why??! Then I saw that red switch. YA know - that one right in my face. Ordered from amazon too and replaced it. Thanks for sharing.. ed
semlohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:20 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
Hey, sometimes even the manufacturer is looking out for us!

Many campers need a sign like this so we'll check status of cabinet doors and drawers before moving the slides. Have heard of more than one owner of a 29RE needing kitchen drawers rebuilt because of an interference fit with flange of the slide. Dang hydraulic slides have no mercy to luan plywood...lol
Old 03-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #43

**** happens to all of us. Dont forget to put the TV antenna down before you leave the camp site. Don't ask me how I know.
sk734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #44
Site Team

Been there, done that, took pictures, posted them here!

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d-r-50292.html

2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:15 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Been there, done that, took pictures, posted them here! http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d-r-50292.html
Dan, I read your post before I made repairs to my own. You wrote an excellent post and I found it very helpful. Thank you for doing that. The only problem I had was following the link to the "cheapest" place to buy a heating element. The embedded link would not work for me. The problem might be with my Ipad, but not sure. But thank you again for the article. It was well written with great pictures.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk734 View Post
**** happens to all of us. Dont forget to put the TV antenna down before you leave the camp site. Don't ask me how I know.
My wife always reminds me about the antenna. One of the things i always do is to make two "walk-around" trips after I'm hitched up. 1 trip looking at everything on the bottom of the camper, checking slides, steps, cables, hoses, doors, tires and chocks, and hitch itself. Then I make another trip looking high; antenna. vents, awning, windows. Those two trips will always catch anything I've missed earlier. I ask my wife to do the same.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg View Post
Dan, I read your post before I made repairs to my own. You wrote an excellent post and I found it very helpful. Thank you for doing that. The only problem I had was following the link to the "cheapest" place to buy a heating element. The embedded link would not work for me. The problem might be with my Ipad, but not sure. But thank you again for the article. It was well written with great pictures.
I bought mine at a local building supply co... $6 ea
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk734 View Post
I walk around several times too... I was at the dump station one trip and a guy pulled in to admire my expertise at the dump station by taking pictures, interview me for TV article and an article for Trailer Life Magazine.... turns out he was a typical camper(being courteous) letting me know my antenna was up.

The only question I have is... how did he know I wasn't watching TV?
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:17 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Shhh David, you're not supposed to tell things like this since we Louisiana guys don't make mistakes.

Just one of those "live and learn" things, and not that hard a thing to fix.

Good reminder to the forum though, as springtime is fast approaching, and this will be happening to more than just you.

Your post may save another member from doing the same.

P.S. Technically stuff like this is only a 'dumb' thing when your spouse does it. It's a 'learning opportunity' when you do it yourself.
I had every intention to respond to your post, but then I forgot...imagine that! lol
Anyway, you're right...you don't see to many of us Louisiana fellows admit to stuff... Maybe admitting to it was the real dumb thing..lol Yep, it was an easy fix, and much easier thanks to another forum member here who had already been through it. His post with pictures was awesome.

Thanks to everyone for your comments...most of them hillarious ....
Old 03-23-2017, 04:23 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
A little "trick" I use to ensure the HWH is full before switching on the electric element---momentarily flip the pressure relief valve open, you'll know instantly if you have water in the heater or not!
Absolutely right! I have done that in the past,...but for some dumb reason (in a hurry) I just didn't check that this time.... I thought that by opening a hot water faucet somewhere, would assure water in the HW heater... which is right, "IF" it's not bypassed and isolated..lol

oh well. All things considered, it was a cheap lesson.