Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #1

Where's the cable tv input on camper??

We recently got a Wildwood X-lite, 195BH. We took it out last weekend for the first time. Only "issue" is we cannot find a cable hookup on the outside. On the inside there are two hookups. One labeled TV1, that works with the antenna. The other is labeled Satellite. i would assume that would be for a cable hookup too, but we can't find anywhere on the outside. Is an outside cable hookup like an option on a car that we might not have?? If so, what about the "satellite" hookup on the inside? Where does the other end of that physically go?

Confused new owners here.
BartonBunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartonBunkhouse View Post
We recently got a Wildwood X-lite, 195BH. We took it out last weekend for the first time. Only "issue" is we cannot find a cable hookup on the outside. On the inside there are two hookups. One labeled TV1, that works with the antenna. The other is labeled Satellite. i would assume that would be for a cable hookup too, but we can't find anywhere on the outside. Is an outside cable hookup like an option on a car that we might not have?? If so, what about the "satellite" hookup on the inside? Where does the other end of that physically go?

Confused new owners here.
Why is this a Cable industry problem? Sounds like you need to talk to the dealer and have him tell you where it is or put one in. Should have been covered on the PDI. On mine, there is a water resistant door like an outdoor receptacle on the drivers side that you lift and have 2 cable connections, satellite and cable.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:01 AM   #3

The TV1 input should work for over-the-air signal as well as your cable signal. There should be a wall plate with a little light near the tv that has a push button turning the amplifier on\off. Your coax cables enter that plate. If you push the button energizing the amplifier, you'll ONLY do that when watching tv with your antenna. When you push the button and the little light on the plate goes out, your ready to receive cable reception. I hope this helps.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:04 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke View Post
The TV1 input should work for over-the-air signal as well as your cable signal. There should be a wall plate with a little light near the tv that has a push button turning the amplifier on\off. Your coax cables enter that plate. If you push the button energizing the amplifier, you'll ONLY do that when watching tv with your antenna. When you push the button and the little light on the plate goes out, your ready to receive cable reception. I hope this helps.
If I understand the OP, he can't find the cable connection on the side of the camper to plug in the cable.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:23 AM   #5

Oops not a cable INDUSTRY problem. That was an auto correct for the word INPUT. Sorry
Old 03-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
If I understand the OP, he can't find the cable connection on the side of the camper to plug in the cable.

Yes, what OldCoot said.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #7

Sounds like the walk through didn't go so good.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:15 PM   #8

I gotcha. I shoulda read more carefully. That's perty bizarre. Didya check in all compartments?
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:31 PM   #9

You should concentrate on the same side as your hook-ups (water, elect etc. left side) to find the cable input port. Could be anywhere on todays units but certainly on the left side.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #10

Normally the outside cable TV plug is on the street side of the trailer. Since you have a inside satellite plug there should be a plug for cable and another for satellite on the outside. The inside satellite plug is just that, it is for satellite hookup, nothing else. The one marked TV1 should have a little button and a small light on it for the OTA antenna amplifier. When using cable the amplifier is turned off
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:48 PM   #11

It is strange that there is no external coax connection. It must have been a manufacturing oversight. It just does not make sense otherwise.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartonBunkhouse View Post
Oops not a cable INDUSTRY problem. That was an auto correct for the word INPUT. Sorry
Hows this
Where's the cable tv input on camper??

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:00 PM   #13

I know this probably doesn't help, but on my first TT (2010 Keystone Passport), they put the male cable connector under the license plate at the bottom. It wasn't inside a protective box like my current TT. It just had a rubber cap on it for protection. It was a pain to screw the coax cable on with the license plate there.

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:31 PM   #14

I have seen the cable connection one the driver side in what looks like a waterproof box near the front or near the rear, under the rear left quarter, or inside a left side compartment. It may or may not be covered by a box.
bplantcjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:52 PM   #15

Thanks for all of the replies. Here's the update after looking in all the places you all have suggested. And, you all are right, for some reason they didn't go over this and we didn't think to ask when we did our pick-up of the camper.

So, I went to the dealer we bought from today to get them to show it to me on another of the same model they had in stock. Turns out, it is like an option on a car and the specific one we bought does not have it. They said that sometimes they still put in the double coax outlet on the inside but there wouldn't be anything connected to the top "satellite" connector. And they were right. I pulled the plate off the wall when I got home and there is no wire connected to the top. So the dealer gave me an outside connection plate so I can make a connection myself. Just have to drill a hole big enough to run the wire and three screw size mounting holes. So, it looks like my outside connection will be near the camper's front door. I don't really like that but I don't know what else to do.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:20 PM   #16
Canadian Member

If you really need it, I would see if there is any way to run some RG-6 cable from the plate through the interior and back to the rear driver's side corner and mount the input box there. That would be a lot cleaner than having the cable hanging off the camp side front wall.
itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:27 PM   #17

I know it is not the same, but.

The white cap hanging down is where mine is located.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:23 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Wildcat puts a cable line and a satellite line in area of the water hook up panel.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:47 PM   #19

Barton's, you are correct. The tv and signal booster are standard on your model but the website for FR shows under options "cable and satellite ready". Bummer, sorry u didn't get that as standard equipment. Good luck with your upgrade however, shouldn't be too much trouble.

CP in AL
Zolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:42 PM   #20
Anacortesians

On our Georgetown MH (an '02) it was on the aft wall of the stow-bin bay where the electrical hook-ups were. There was also a phone jack to hook up to a campground phone line (probably extinct nowadays!)

Tags
camper