Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2021, 01:26 AM   #1

Wifi password reset

Our 2017 Flagstaff Super Lite has the WiFi ranger in it but I need to reset the password because I don’t know what it is. Does anyone know how to do this? I have looked all over and can’t seem to find anything. TIA
angnadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:59 AM   #2

Is the sticker below the control panel still there with the original password on it or has it been removed? Or has the password been changed from the original?
Quote:
Originally Posted by angnadam View Post
Our 2017 Flagstaff Super Lite has the WiFi ranger in it but I need to reset the password because I don’t know what it is. Does anyone know how to do this? I have looked all over and can’t seem to find anything. TIA
Happy Camping!
tonyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz1 View Post
Is the sticker below the control panel still there with the original password on it or has it been removed? Or has the password been changed from the original?
Password was changed from original.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:30 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

From the WIFI Ranger manual...
WiFi ranger reset to factory defaults

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:43 AM   #5

Thank you. If I read correctly the router well be located on the roof? Sorry not real techie ��
Old 05-12-2021, 09:50 AM   #6

Don't bother

I would not bother trying to get it running. I have yet to find a location where it was of any help. If the signal is strong enough for the router, you can get it directly on your phone or laptop.

As soon as I find a use for the 12 volt circuit I will repurpose the switch on the panel for that.

If I ever re-do the roof, I will rip that junk out and discard it.

Just my opinion after many attempts and having all of them fail.
wwestman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angnadam View Post
Thank you. If I read correctly the router well be located on the roof? Sorry not real techie ��
I think those reset instructions are for wifiranger's indoor router. I haven't found anything on resetting the Sky2, which I believe you would have on a 2017 model. I'm not at my camper right now but just wondering if you can go directly thru the URL address for it and do a reset.
I use ours when at campgrounds that have decent wifi mostly for security reasons. Just one secure connection from ranger to their wifi. All my devices then go thru the ranger and its security. Good luck. I will be at my camper this weekend and see if I can find out anything if you haven't figured it out by then.
Happy Camping!
Old 05-13-2021, 02:10 PM   #8

I have one of those unit on my 2019 183.

It came on the trailer when I bought it used last year and I did the procedure mentionned in the previous link with success.

It is a pain to do though and It took me quite a few tries to get it right. Timing is critical and the wait times are LONG.
Consoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:32 AM   #9

Don't know if you have the reset figured out or not yet. But you might be able to do the procedure, in the link provided by 5picker above, by using the power button on your panel to turn it on and off to the prescribed times. Only thing I could find on the reset.
Happy Camping!
Old 05-14-2021, 06:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz1 View Post
Don't know if you have the reset figured out or not yet. But you might be able to do the procedure, in the link provided by 5picker above, by using the power button on your panel to turn it on and off to the prescribed times. Only thing I could find on the reset.
That's exactly how I did it.
Consoleo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi