Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #1

Winegard carryout

First of all thanks to all the previous posts with great info that helped me decide what dish to purchase..

I have a 2012 Rockwood 8317 RKSS, It has the exterior contection for satelite and cable, two seperate connectors.. From reading the install directions that came with the carryout it looks like i have to re route some of the wiring so that the cables connect direct to each other.

I had read a thread on here about that but cant find it now. Can someone please share any experience they may have had with this?
mgg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #2

Check out this mod, it might be what your looking for;
RV Satellite Cable Receptacle Rewiring | ModMyRV
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #3

Just keep in mind you need an rg6 with no splitters directly to the sattelite in on back of your reciever. That will give you sattelite to one t.v. If you want to run to another t.v with an independent signal, you will need to come from the carryout (second coaxial hookup) to your reciever. First out to main t.v. will be out for channel 3-4 and your second t.v will be out for channels 21-69. If you only want a mirror image to second t.v, simply run main t.v from HDMI cord and the second t.v from channel 3-4 out.
jdecanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #4

Thanks

Thanks for the replies, one would think since it's a new camper and has two different line in connectors outside one for cable and one for satellite that the manufactures would figure this out and wire them this way so that there would be no need for mods.
mgg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #5

try just hooking it to ur sat connection on the outside. then connect to one of the sat connections inside. you can only run one receiver but it will go thru a splitter. u don't have to do anything to ur wiring. i have a winguard (that finds the sats) and also have the dish net tailgator. each will work thru the splitter. the only exception is if they used a low freq splitter (like they did in mine). if that is the case, simply replace it. i had a 50mhz to 1000mhz splitter. replaced with a 50 to 2150. the splitter in the sat wiring has a DC pass thru. if u have to replace it, u will need to make sure the one u replace with is also DC pass thru.
the only thing the splitter allows u to do is select more than one location for the receive...just not at the same time.

the low freq splitter will work but u may have missing channels.

just hook it up like u would any other antenna and enjoy...i got the DC from my battery. just installed a fused cig lighter plug there.

that additional hookup is also the difference between the tailgator and the winguard....the dish doesn't require anything but the coax. winguard will work with more receivers though. tailgaor only works with one or two.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-King View Post
Check out this mod, it might be what your looking for;
RV Satellite Cable Receptacle Rewiring | ModMyRV

Had a similar issue in my 2011 Berkshire 390QS. I had to remove the cable from the antennae booster to allow my tailgater satelite to pick up the signal from my cable feed in the bay door.
jrayburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winegard