Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2022, 05:48 PM   #1
spooky

wireless

Hi anyone use Visible for cell service? streaming? Any issues with coverage as their nation map of coverage doesn't look great also after using data up do you slow down? thanks
rekaj321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 06:19 PM   #2

Been using it for a while. Good for voice and text, sometimes, but reliable data is, well, unreliable. However, it is unlimited hotspot and on device data. I was at Atlanta speedway over the weekend and AT&T and Verizon were both showing 30-40 MBPS. Visible occasionally showed 10 mbps but usually was less than four.
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 06:22 PM   #3

Good Stuff

I have 2 phones using Visible. One is 5G capable and the other is 4G LTE. I use the 4G phone as a hot spot, and DATA is truly unlimited. I used over 100GB one month and had no issues. I can stream from HULU with very few issues. Anywhere there is a good Verizon signal, Visible works.
I have experienced slow downs in data speeds, usually during the evening rush hour when everyone uses their phones during commute times.

We travel around the country. We started out with 3 phones; AT&T, Visible (Verizon), and Mint Mobile (T-Mobile). T-Mobile network was the worst! There were more dead spots than good spots. Got rid of that and went with another Visible phone. In some places out West, the AT&T phone is best, in other places the (Verizon) phones are best, but never the T-Mobile. T-Mobile 5G is good IF you stay put in an area with strong 5G coverage - just don't travel.

The selling points of Visible are $25/month once you join a "group", which is a one-time thing to do. And the hot spot is unlimited data. In contrast, my wife's AT&T phone gives you 50GB of data, but only 15GB can be used by the hotspot. After the 15GB is used, it slows to 2G speeds!
Boscorelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 06:28 PM   #4

Things you might not expect

I've been using visible for several years now. I love the price, and not having to pay for data overages when we travel. But there are some things people may not be expecting:

1) No roaming. Not at all. If the Verizon network is not available in an area, your phone won't work even if other carriers are covering that area.

2) You data speeds are lowered if there is network congestion. What this means from a practical standpoint is that you'll be the first to loose data speed if the network is busy. I've personally never run into that, but I could see it happening anywhere there are a lot of people gathered.
Old 03-22-2022, 07:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscorelli View Post
I have 2 phones using Visible. One is 5G capable and the other is 4G LTE. I use the 4G phone as a hot spot, and DATA is truly unlimited. I used over 100GB one month and had no issues. I can stream from HULU with very few issues. Anywhere there is a good Verizon signal, Visible works.
I have experienced slow downs in data speeds, usually during the evening rush hour when everyone uses their phones during commute times.

We travel around the country. We started out with 3 phones; AT&T, Visible (Verizon), and Mint Mobile (T-Mobile). T-Mobile network was the worst! There were more dead spots than good spots. Got rid of that and went with another Visible phone. In some places out West, the AT&T phone is best, in other places the (Verizon) phones are best, but never the T-Mobile. T-Mobile 5G is good IF you stay put in an area with strong 5G coverage - just don't travel.

The selling points of Visible are $25/month once you join a "group", which is a one-time thing to do. And the hot spot is unlimited data. In contrast, my wife's AT&T phone gives you 50GB of data, but only 15GB can be used by the hotspot. After the 15GB is used, it slows to 2G speeds!
How did you determine you used 100 gig of data? With AT&T I can go online any time and get a detailed report of data use. Verizon and Visible will not give out that info.
Old 03-22-2022, 09:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
How did you determine you used 100 gig of data? With AT&T I can go online any time and get a detailed report of data use. Verizon and Visible will not give out that info.
It's right on the phone under Settings>Connections>Data Usage. It may be a little different on different phone models, but search on the phone for "Data Usage".
Old 03-22-2022, 10:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscorelli View Post
It's right on the phone under Settings>Connections>Data Usage. It may be a little different on different phone models, but search on the phone for "Data Usage".
Since my phone (iPhone 13 max) has dual sims (AT&T and Visible) the system is set up to use the data service with the best signal. The data used counter shows total data used but doesn’t break it down between the services.

However, one month last year when I let a friend use the Visible sim my phone showed over 30 gig of data used but AT&T showed under 25 gig. One of them is wrong.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:54 PM   #8

Thinking back, when I had Verizon service, I think you got a monthly report of phone calls and texts. I don't recall if data was included, but it probably was.
As you said, Visible doesn't keep track of that. I guess it doesn't matter if you receive unlimited, talk, text & data anyway?
Old 03-23-2022, 03:19 PM   #9
llr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergy View Post
2) You data speeds are lowered if there is network congestion. What this means from a practical standpoint is that you'll be the first to loose data speed if the network is busy. I've personally never run into that, but I could see it happening anywhere there are a lot of people gathered.
I have seen this a couple of times when busy / congested but not just on visible, my work phone is Verizon and when Visible is slow so is the Verizon. Almost identical numbers in speedtest. So I would not say Visible loses speed 1st. Luckily so far this has only happen on the weekends with full campgrounds as many times during the week I work from the camper.
prior TV 2014 Silverado 2500 HD
llr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wire