Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2020, 03:47 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to pclevel1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweis View Post
Thank you pclevel1
Your welcome. I feel that the most recent updated information and/or review of a product can help someone.
pclevel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:38 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I got this system on Amazon, for $120. It's now selling for $179.

http://www.veclesusclub.com/product/...r-view-system/

It's a 1 channel system but that's all I need for a wireless rear observation camera system.
Just did a 2 month 3000 mile trip and it did great the whole trip.
My TT wasn't pre-wired for a camera system so it was a little harder making a mount for it.
I didn't include the pics of my system:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200501_142341.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	228059Click image for larger version

Name:	20200212_155312.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	228060
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:50 AM   #23

Tons of cams out there to choose from but you can also save some money buying used too. Mine was pre wired for Furrion cam system and they are kinda pricy new so i checked FB marketplace and Ebay and found one opened only unit for $50 plus shipping. Dealer wanted around $600 for the same install!!! They also wanted $450 for an outside grill only, no gas line install!?! I found the grill on FB marketplace for $50 brand new but i had to pay around $40 for shipping because of the bumper arm. Spent about $20 for some gas line fittings and its done. I have posts of the grill install. [emoji16]Click image for larger version

Name:	Image.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	228631
Mizterusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis878 View Post
I also purchased a Haloview MC7108 720P, 7 inch color screen. I did so based on YouTube videos and recommendations from others. It’s more of a rear view camera than a backup camera as it’s on all the time when driving. You can turn it off if you wish. Very nice when changing lanes. Additional cameras can also be added. It can be activated by your turn signals with optional cameras. Wiring is included but looks very complicated to install. The only down side is the unit is very large 7” screen is nice but between everything thing else on the dash things can be crowded. Does lots of neat things include recording. Cost was $250.00 with one camera. Well worth it in my opinion. One quirk is that to get power to the unit the lights had to be on in the truck.
hi there--i am looking at the 7108 on Amazon but want to make sure it will work with our camper and length. Ford F150 truck pulling camper that is 26.5 feet.....not sure if that is bumper to bumper. But truck and camper would be at least 40' I think.
Since you just installed welcome your feedback.
thank you
DGLardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLardon View Post
hi there--i am looking at the 7108 on Amazon but want to make sure it will work with our camper and length. Ford F150 truck pulling camper that is 26.5 feet.....not sure if that is bumper to bumper. But truck and camper would be at least 40' I think.
thank you
I have a wireless system that looks exactly like the Haloview system. I also have a F150 and a 26.5' TT.
7" monitor with the different mounts and a booster antenna. Made a 4000 mile trip in February. The system worked great without needing the booster antenna.
My TT is a 2016, before factories started including the Furrion prep mount.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 05-28-2020, 11:00 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLardon View Post
thank you
I have a GMC 2015 Sierra and a 26 ft TT. I put the Haloview 7108 on the back of the TT. It would cut out and freeze going down the road. I installed an extender on the back and now it works perfect.
Mike
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 V8 4x4
Mike223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:19 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweis View Post
I just purchased my first RV, a 34’ TT, and it is prewired for a backup camera. I was thinking about adding a 1080p digital wireless backup camera and a a 7 or 9 inch screen.

There are so many options out there so was wondering what you may have for a camera and monitor and loved?
and are there any you’ve had a bad experience with that should be avoided?rd

There is a huge selection on Amazon and tadibrothers.com. Various price points out there and hoping to get something with good performance that isn’t too expensive.

Thanks for sharing your advice!
I put a zerex wireless camera on my fithwheel. used it a few times. now its in my closet. Not worth the money in my opinion. Most spaces now are clear / wide. Buy something more useful like a 100 watt RENOGY solar set up.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:31 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas ho View Post
I put a zerex wireless camera on my fithwheel. used it a few times. now its in my closet. Not worth the money in my opinion. Most spaces now are clear / wide. Buy something more useful like a 100 watt RENOGY solar set up.
Well, I politely disagree.
The $120 I spent for my system gets way more usage than a solar system would for me.
Being able to see what's behind me, on a 2 month 4000 mile road trip, was very valuable and keeps my wife and I safer than a solar system would.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:50 AM   #29

Just installed Haloview RD7 Mini on 30’ TT. RD stands for range dominator and I think you would like that on a 34’ TT. The antenna for the camera sits near the front of you rig so reception is much better.
Easy install, comes with furrion adapter bracket. Simply take the plate off your shark fine attach cables and install directly in the shark fin. Cable runs across roof and comes with self adhesive 3M zip ties to hold in place. My furrion shark fin had a notch in the top to fit the cables that lead to the roof, a bit on silicone sealant around notch and cables and good to go. Worked instantly after plugging truck to TT . Ordered directly from Haloview website under $400. You can add side view cams if you wish.
Csbadvisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:34 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwjaco View Post
I recently purchased this on Amazon. The vendor sent me a free mount braket that replaced the furion shark fin. I have not used while towing yet. Works great stationary with scrren on dash of my F150 crew and rear camera on back of 33ft toy hauler.
Picture is nice and clear, good resolution and easy to navigate menu for views.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Are you using the in dash screen? Or the monitor ontop of the in dash screen?
Mean Gene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera