Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2017, 01:32 PM   #1

Wolf Pup 16bhs Furrion DVD player mystery

hello all. Ok, so i've done some searching on the forums and i see some people have similar problems but not quite what I'm fighting with. so here's my issue.

The furrion DVD player LOOKS like its hooked up correctly but im not getting any picture. when i put a DVD in it plays audio on the ceiling speakers but i cant find video anywhere. so i took the panel where the player is off and looked at the wiring. there are the rca cables that are capped and there is a coax going into the back. so i figured since there is a coax going into the back of the player there should be signal somewhere. when i hook my tv up to the coax port by the sink and run a channel scan it finds nothing. if i but the booster on, i find regular tv channels. so i tried the outside jack. same exact thing. so next i ran a dvd player i had in the house into the outside jack and had the tv hooked to the inside one and that worked. ok so the outside jack goes to the inside jack. that makes me ask where does the coax thats coming out of the furrion go to? anyone have any ideas? is there a setting im missing on the furrion maybe? is it supposed to play the dvd audio on the ceiling speakers?

its so frustrating. you pay good hard earned money for something and you expect things to work as they should. but everything is built like such garbage now. ive had to do so many small repairs since ive gotten my camper. all sloppy work and rushed building issues. and ive read the forums and i know all manufactures have issues. doesn't make it right. sorry, end of rant.

but any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. if not looks like ill just have to keep a small portable dvd player in the camper as well. seems silly being there's one built into the camper already.
Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #2

Are you selecting the correct source on the TV when trying to play a dvd.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Are you selecting the correct source on the TV when trying to play a dvd.
yeah, ive run the scan on all the sources. it will find a signal from the antenna but not dvd player. im thinking its just not wired correctly like everyone elses.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:49 PM   #4

Ok, nevermind. I looked at the installation manual for the furrion, and the coax that is hooked up to it is the antenna jack. the RCA cables are capped and not hooked to anything. so i guess i have a useless dvd player. I dont thing running rca cables across the camper is an option and i dont think i can snake them in the ceiling. sigh.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #5

Furrion dvd player

We have the Pup fq, so the tv is on the same side as the Furrion. I just leave the video and audio in the cabinet and hook up to the composite video on the tv and select that input. I know the bhs has the tv mount opposite side.
remach67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:30 PM   #6

I had the same problem
the unit was not installed correctly.
Do you have rca jacks on the ceiling at the tv mount?
If so pill the dvd player out and check that the factory hooked them up correctly.
On mine they had connected the rca plugs to the imput and not the capped output.
panamabear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd, wolf pup