Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2010, 06:17 AM   #41

concertone

I have a 2011 2304s ultra lite came with a zx75 sounded like crap and would not pickup most dvds made a lot of strange sounds.I installed a jensen awm 970 and new 6.5 speakers also a digatal thermostat because that worked like crap also.Stereo sounds great now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 219.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	3356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 218.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	3357  
4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:05 AM   #42
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
Frack.

2nd day at home with the 2011 flagstaff 26rlss an now it won't recognize dvd's!

Worked fine earlier today.

Tried everything right down to disconnecting all the power from the rig (shore and the battery).

35,000 dollars and problems on the second day?

I don't freakin' think so Tim!

I'll be back in the dealers office tomorrow.

I'll get satisfaction or I'll get my money back or that dealer is going to get the worst press they've ever seen!

Funny thing is, my rig came with a zx75 but all the documentation was for a zx700........hmmmmmmmm...........

I'm thinking I'm getting a zx700 with an ipod adapter for my troubles.

We'll see if thier customer service lives up to what they were braggin about.....
Is the Concertone problem the only one you have?
Seems like your going nuclear as a first resort instead of a last (or even intermediary) resort before anyone even gets a chance to understand the issue or help you.

I TOTALLY believe the customer is always right, but the customer does not need to be abusive in order for his complain to be heard. Most everything I have seen on these threads is has indicated that dealers have been very responsive to customer issues. Of course there have been exceptions, but lets see how this plays out.

Looking forward to your next posts!
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #43
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
I have a 2011 2304s ultra lite came with a zx75 sounded like crap and would not pickup most dvds made a lot of strange sounds.I installed a jensen awm 970 and new 6.5 speakers also a digatal thermostat because that worked like crap also.Stereo sounds great now.
When did you put the Jensen in? An earlier post said you had installed a Clarion Unit.

I see you on Cape Cod, I spend some on Phinney's Harbor/Monument Beach, just the Cape side of the Bourne Bridge. Where are you?
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Is the Concertone problem the only one you have?
Seems like your going nuclear as a first resort instead of a last (or even intermediary) resort before anyone even gets a chance to understand the issue or help you.

I TOTALLY believe the customer is always right, but the customer does not need to be abusive in order for his complain to be heard. Most everything I have seen on these threads is has indicated that dealers have been very responsive to customer issues. Of course there have been exceptions, but lets see how this plays out.

Looking forward to your next posts!
Only problem so far, but the thing is only 2 days old and we haven't even turned on all the systems yet!

For 35,000 bucks you should be able to expect it works right out of the gate. After a little "Google-ing", I'm not getting a favourable impression of concertone at all. I know the nature of people is to post when there's problem and be quiet when things are fine, but there's just a bit too much chatter about how crappy concertone is on too many boards to ignore.

I'm going to insist they go "high end" on the replacement in an attempt to get something that works consistently. Most posts seem to indicate the 690/700 haven't given them troubles. The zx75 in my rig is the lowest end of the scale.

I like the rig, you'll only have to read my first post to see that (not hard to find, this is only my third post). We spent mucho bucks on it and went high quality support stuff (hitch, controller accesories, etc) and I havve and expectation or reasonable quality and value for my dollar. First day in the driveway and not having tested everything yet, that's mot reasonable quality and value. If I had been at a site and into "relax mode", I woudl have been really.......well, nit happy.....

It rained last night and I'm half afraid to go out and look at it now. I didn't pay all this money for something I have doubts about and this concertone thing has stripped away much of the confidence I had in my purchase. It's given me the "oh great, what next" mindset. Not exactly what you want with an item you purchased to help you relax.

That's the way the human psyche works; burn me once........... burn me twice.....

Not going "nuclear", I just know what I want and I'll get it. That's the problem with the internet, very difficult to read or write "tone".

The dealer always gets the nice guy first and given a chance to make it right.

If they don't............I release the wife!
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #45
Owner - RVtronics

I agree it is VERY difficult to really tell a person's "tone" via the written text and I am glad the dealer gets the "nice guy" first, but you gotta admit you took the opportunity to "vent" pretty strongly here.

As far as Concertone goes, I have been very active here as of late and if there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know. I won't rehash many of the "arguments" I have stated here in response to many a complaint, but hopefully you may find some solace and hope in them.

I am happy to chat with you offline (or on) with any questions or concerns you may have.

Let me know how things go!

Best regards,
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-06-2010, 09:45 AM   #46

Quote:
I agree it is VERY difficult to really tell a person's "tone" via the written text and I am glad the dealer gets the "nice guy" first, but you gotta admit you took the opportunity to "vent" pretty strongly here.

As far as Concertone goes, I have been very active here as of late and if there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know. I won't rehash many of the "arguments" I have stated here in response to many a complaint, but hopefully you may find some solace and hope in them.

I am happy to chat with you offline (or on) with any questions or concerns you may have.

Let me know how things go!

Best regards,
Thanks, it's all up to the dealer right now.

This is a long weekend, so they may not be open today.

I will admit, I thought the zx75 looked pretty "cheap" when I first say it. As in, not very high quality. But hey, it worked and the rig wasn't cheap in price so it had to be good right?

The manual and quick setup guide included with the rig was for the zx700, which made the zx75 look even cheaper and feature defiecient. It also made me wonder if that was what it was supposed to have installed...

After a little digging and playing with it, quite a few things surprised me (and not in a good way);

The remote is confusing and cheap.

Setup menu's cannot be accessed (at least on my unit)

programming stations is an exercise of try something, doesn't work, try something else and then you stumble on the "how"

I haven't gotten a tv station yet, but apparantly it needs a converter box for the new digital broadcasts, and even then it's not a tuner. Need the TV for that.

Has a USB port but doesn't support the most popular mp3 player out there - ipod.

No provisions to play wma, mpeg, etc. Lots of people take home video and like to show it. The installed Toshiba 22" screen has more provisions for this than the zx series. You could use a laptop or the installed monitor, but the idea is less connections and devices needed in an rv, not more.

No provisions to hook up a "game box" (a very important feature for people with kids when stuck on a rainy weekend). Sure, my installed toshiba has plugs in the back, but why can't I go through the rig's speakers? Supposed you can use the aux in on the front, but then you're got a cable hanging from the top of the wall.

No screen saver program other than the beach scene. People like to show thier vacations and family to others, let then do it through the USB port or with at least a basic photo display program. 40 bucks gets you one on a picture frame these days, why can't this unit?

Low quality video. The toshiba has provision for everything from HDMI on down but this unit only does 720dpi in composite video? I know it's a trailer, but c'mon now.....

I will admit, the ZX series seem to cover a lot of bases with it's intended use (surround sound, switchable speakers, etc). But just playing music radio and dvd isn't really that challanging these days.

For the price paid I expect at least the basics to work first time, everytime...

Oh, one last note:

Concetone's web site is very poor. You should give them a poke and suggest they put in a "support" tab that accesses all the user manual and such. After a fruitless search on the site for the zx75 manual (that was missing in my rig) I had to resort to google to find one for a "1st gen" zx75....
Old 09-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #47

concertone

Quote:
When did you put the Jensen in? An earlier post said you had installed a Clarion Unit.

I see you on Cape Cod, I spend some on Phinney's Harbor/Monument Beach, just the Cape side of the Bourne Bridge. Where are you?
The clairion was in my 2008 21ss roo witch i sold and got the 2011 2304s.
4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:26 AM   #48
Site Team - Lou

Great White

So far I am very happy with the ZX-700 in my 2010 Flagstaff.
(no I do not work for them)

Not sure what you mean about the ZX-75. Is it "newer" or "older" than the 700?

The 700 is audio only for the TV. The tuner is in the TV. The audio output from the TV goes to the audio input on the Concertone.

The digital signal from the roof antenna (via coax cable) sound be going to the TV where it goes to the tuner, and not the Concertone unit. You should NOT need a converter box on a TV made in the last few years. Check to make SURE the signal amp is turned on (green light on panel) when you search.

My AV1 goes to a switchable panel that has inputs on it for games, camera, or any other item that has a "COMPOSITE" output. This panel is available as an aftermarket item on the Concertone web site.

The USB port is for storage devices like a memory stick.

Not sure what the rear of your TV looks like, but I use the TV as my switching device and only use the Concertone as the audio player for all devices.
Cooperstown Sep 2009 203 pictures from travel photos on webshots

The top two RCA plougs are the "stereo out" to the Concertone.
The big green 5 RCA wire is out XBox Component connection.
I use an upconverting DVD player via HDMI.
I have a built in computer that goes to the PC input.
All sound into the TV is then output to the Concertone when the input is switched to that item.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #49

Current model line starts at the zx75:

And "top out" at the zx690/700:

200 bucks in the overall price difference. Mine had the lowest model in the line. Didn't find out until after I bought it and the cd/dvd player stopped working the second day in the driveway.

The lowest model available is not acceptable on a 35,000 dollar rig and the dealer is going to find that out today.....
Old 09-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #50

on 3rd stereo

Just ordered zx700 to replace the 2 previous 600 models. Am I wasting my money. Has anyone had any luck with Forest River picking up the tab on these after warranty is out??
3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #51

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
We just purchased a 2011 Rockwood Windjammer and it has the zx690/700 in it and it works great. Im trying to look threw all the manuals to see if it the 700 series.
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boyz View Post
Just ordered zx700 to replace the 2 previous 600 models. Am I wasting my money. Has anyone had any luck with Forest River picking up the tab on these after warranty is out??
Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but why would any company "pick up the tab" after the warrantee is out?

That's the deal you accepted when you bought it.....

On another note:

Wife talked to the dealer today about our 2 day old crapped out zx75. They were pretty non committal, but they implied the worse case scenario was they would order a zx700 as a replacement and split the cost of the upgrade with us.

They will also order the IPOD wall dock at our cost (we are ok with that).

Not the best deal, but not the worst either.

We find out thurday (have to call the warrantee folks at FR and see what they'll do) what the final decision will be.....
Old 09-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #53
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
The clairion was in my 2008 21ss roo witch i sold and got the 2011 2304s.
Gotcha
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #54
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Current model line starts at the zx75:

And "top out" at the zx690/700:

200 bucks in the overall price difference. Mine had the lowest model in the line. Didn't find out until after I bought it and the cd/dvd player stopped working the second day in the driveway.

The lowest model available is not acceptable on a 35,000 dollar rig and the dealer is going to find that out today.....
Actually there are "lower" level models that FR uses in less expensive units that do not do video and such.

Also, you do understand that FR makes the call on what unit is in what rig (not Concertone) right?

I hope it works out!!!
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #55
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boyz View Post
Did you order from Concertone Directly?
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #56

Quote:
Actually there are "lower" level models that FR uses in less expensive units that do not do video and such.

Also, you do understand that FR makes the call on what unit is in what rig (not Concertone) right?

I hope it works out!!!
Yeah, there's two models below my XS75 DVD equipped unit from what I can see on the Concertone site. The zx 50 and 25. There's 12 to 15 (depending on which ones do video) class "a" models above the xs75, but it's the top one you can get for class"b". That's still a pretty low end of the model if you ask me.

Actually, it was niether FR or CT that decided what went in the trailer. My dealer made that decision, according to him. They even "bragged" they ordered all the options on thier trailers and sell them at close to base price .

The service manager called FR warranty and was surprised to find my model had the xs75. Aparantly, thier records indicated it should have had the zx600 installed .

Conversation went like this (according to the service manager)-

SM: I've got a broken dvd player on trailer number XXX for warranty and they'd like to upgrade to the zx690/700 model.

FR warranty: No problem, it's not much of a jump from the zx600

SM: No, it's a zx75

FRW: Ummmm, No. Our records say it's got a zx600

SM: Well, we've got a problem somewhere then....

They're looking into it now and will let me know what happened and what they're going to do about it.

Yeesh, this is turning into quite the production......
Old 09-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpage3 View Post
Rockwood is referring to the ZX690 as the ZX700. I was wondering if there is actually a ZX700 out there and what adapter cable would it take to hook it up to the the wiring harness for a ZX500. Concertone doesn't have a phone number or physical address on any of their pages? My dealer is ordering me a ZX700 to replace the ZX500 that shorted out and I want to have the cable to hook it up with on hand when it gets here.

I found this on the concertone website:

Accessories

Home » Accessories

» ZX690-ADPTR

ZX690-ADPTR

List Price: Our Price: $19.99You Save:
SKU: VI-TG42-QRN0

In Stock
Usually ships in 4-5 business days

Description:Adapts ZX690 to ZX500/600 harness

Features:• Adapts ZX690 to ZX500/600 harness
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #58

The tech heard back from FR on upgrading our busted (less than 24 hrs old at the time) XS75.

The answer?

Basically, go "do something nasty" to your hat.

We'll replace it and nothing else. Shut up and take it.

No problem. I bought the seven year extended warranty and I'll be back every time it craps out. Every glitch, every stumble, every littel GD thing that goes wrong with it.

When that's done, I'll rip the pile out and swap in a jensen. Or whatever is the best going item for wall mount RV at the time.

Thanks for nothing FR, at least the dealer was wiling to go half on the price difference for the upgrade.

Not happy with FR and this does not bode well for the rest of the warranty experience in the future...
Old 09-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #59

I have the 700 in our trailer, so far so good.I was little disappointed with the sound quality, but the new sub fixed that(posted in mods section). plays everything fine. I do wish it had the capability to play dvd inside for the kids and music outside for us tho. If it can I dont know how to do it. I was never a fan of the jenson brand radios. I found them to be of low quality and the caliber of the realistic radio shack radios.
2005 Polaris sportman 500HO (mine)

trailraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #60
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
The tech heard back from FR on upgrading our busted (less than 24 hrs old at the time) XS75.

The answer?

Basically, go "do something nasty" to your hat.

We'll replace it and nothing else. Shut up and take it.

No problem. I bought the seven year extended warranty and I'll be back every time it craps out. Every glitch, every stumble, every littel GD thing that goes wrong with it.

When that's done, I'll rip the pile out and swap in a jensen. Or whatever is the best going item for wall mount RV at the time.

Thanks for nothing FR, at least the dealer was wiling to go half on the price difference for the upgrade.

Not happy with FR and this does not bode well for the rest of the warranty experience in the future...

Not sure why you are upset with FR here. They have agreed to warrant the defective item and replace with the same unit it came with. IMO they are totally honoring the warranty and not screwing you. Do you think an auto manufacturer would do what you want if you complained about the sound system in your vehicle and upgrade it for free? Not a chance in HE double hockey sticks so why should FR. I am not trying to start an argument but your request is in MHO unreasonable, if you want better buy it and put it in yourself. Yes you got a bad unit and if it keeps breaking take back but there are an awefull lot of people that have that same unit and it works as well as intended so I hope the replacement works as it should.

Good luck

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote