Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
FEZ

Adirondacks or Maine

Our family is looking at the Adironacks or Maine this summer for our camping vacation, but have never been to the Adironacks. We do have an 8 year old and a 12 year old. What is there to do for a whole week with kids there? Thanks!
FEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #2

We have gone to Acadia NP. With the hiking, Bar Harbor, ranger programs, biking... There is more than enough to do for a week. The first time we went we were there for a week. When we were packing up we listed the things we didn't get to even though we didn't sit still. We went back the next year for two weeks.

The Adirondacks are the same. We usually go to Lake placid. There is a lot of Olympic history there. Old Forge is a lot of fun. If the kids like water parks there is a big one there. Get out of town and there is a lot of hiking trails. The Adirondack Museum is a good day trip.

Those are two of my favorite places to go. My DW calls Maine her happy place. Last year my son and I went to Boy Scout camp for a week in the Adirondacks and my DW and daughter went to Maine.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #3

Oldforge

We go to Old Forge 6or8 times A YEAR. And we love it . We stay at the Old Forge camping resort it is right next to water safari a water slide park. you can take a suttle bus or walk to it .theres also hiking and canoeing.the kids will have a blast. reservations would be recomnended
Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #4

Southeast tip of the Adirondacks is Lake George. You have, Revolutionary War history and Fort William Henry, shopping, amusement park, water parks, boat rentals, a sandy beach on the lake, diner cruises on the lake on vintage river boats including the Minnie Ha Ha, a genuine steam driven rear paddle boat (if it's still in operation), or drive or hike up Prospect Mountain and take in the panoramic view of the Adirondack foothills and Lake George. www.lakegeorge.com , Prospect Mountain, www.fwhmuseum.com.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
FEZ

Sounds like we are heading to Lake George. Thank you all for replying!
FEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #6

FEZ Old Forge is a great day trip from Lake George also.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
Kanadian Kamper

Might be a little pricey, but this campground is 5 star!!!!!!!!!

Lake George RV Park: Lake George Camping & RV Resort Is Premiere Among Adirondack Resorts

They have trolleys from the park out to the main drag..........don't need to drive. With all the activities available in the park, the kids (or adults) will NEVER be bored.......even on a rainy day!

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #8

You can also take a day trip to the thousand island area and take a boat cruise on the uncle sam boats leaving form Alexanrdia Bay.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #9

Maine is very nice, but expensive in the summer and you must have reservations in advance. The Lake George area has lots to do for young men and I am sure they will have fun. The baseball hall of fame is nearby in Copperstown and if they are into baseball it is very nice. You will have a great time. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote