Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2017, 03:26 PM   #41

If your site is ready they usually will let you check in early, I have even heard of folks that got a site in the morning.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:39 PM   #42

They are busy but get there in the morning and you can check in, if your site is not ready you have to park in the overflow and then they will txt your site number. You should get on the site fairly quickly. We are on 720 and check out Jan 1, nice long and wide site, we have 390RB and we have room to park our CRV in front of the coach long ways
Old 12-30-2017, 07:46 PM   #43
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Did you have to wait until 3 PM to get your campsite??

Nope. Get there as early as you want. If your site is ready, they’ll send you straight to it. If not, they’ll have you park in overflow and will text you when it’s ready. It’s almost always before 3pm.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:58 PM   #44
I Break Everything

We'll actually be at WDW tomorrow for a week. We've been quite a few times. If you haven't been in a while, and are making a day trip out of it, just expect to not do a lot. Enjoy the surroundings, do a few rides, eat out, go home.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:39 PM   #45

I'm jealous. Our family spent 5 days in the Fort and it was magnificent. Been to WDW many times in the past and our girls on this trip were 27 and 23. One is married and lives in Okinawa Japan. Hubby is military and dind't come. All 4 of us in our Mini lite, 2306. We made it work and had the best time. We were there in mid December and it was so Christamasy. Well worth it.
BTW, if you go into Epcot DON'T eat at the Mexican restaurant. In the past it was very good, now it's junk. Never has such poor service and food.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #46

We are headed there next month, getting away while grandson is out for Mardis gras, we are staying in Madison fl overnight and then on to FW. I can get there easily around noon, but if site is not ready, you park in the overflow. So I did the Google street view of the area and thing I noticed was a lot of the campers parked without the tow vehicles. Do people drop campers off and go somewhere, like Disney Springs for a few hours? I'm sure the bed of my truck will be packed with stuff, too tempting for some,,,
howellma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:45 AM   #47
7 Year Class A RV'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by howellma View Post
We are headed there next month, getting away while grandson is out for Mardis gras, we are staying in Madison fl overnight and then on to FW. I can get there easily around noon, but if site is not ready, you park in the overflow. So I did the Google street view of the area and thing I noticed was a lot of the campers parked without the tow vehicles. Do people drop campers off and go somewhere, like Disney Springs for a few hours? I'm sure the bed of my truck will be packed with stuff, too tempting for some,,,
A lot of folks check out of their site then park in overflow and go to the park before leaving. Doubt you’ll have much of a wait for your site if you arrive at noon.
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:37 PM   #48

Plan plan plan and plan on spending lots of $$$. Some great websites to help

Wdwinfo.com
Mousesavers.com
Touringplans.com
https://www.dadsguidetowdw.com
2017 Coachmen 292BHDS
2017 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins 4x4
jbhodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:14 PM   #49

after reading all the posts, I want to go back, stayed at fort wildernest and had a great time, only been there one trip and now ready to do it one more time. enjoy your time there everybody
Denny in Los Lunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:26 PM   #50

Your best value is a multi day ticket like 3 days. If you have a class c, I would drive it and park it at Fort Wilderness and take Disney Transport bus to a park. When the day is over, I would go to the WalMart in Kissimmee and boondock overnight and go back the next day.
greenrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:56 PM   #51
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrover View Post
Your best value is a multi day ticket like 3 days. If you have a class c, I would drive it and park it at Fort Wilderness and take Disney Transport bus to a park. When the day is over, I would go to the WalMart in Kissimmee and boondock overnight and go back the next day.
It's my understanding that Fort Wilderness is checking reservations and shouldn't allow this.

If you really must cheat the parking fees, you can go to Downtown Disney.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #52
cma

"The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World"

You can't beat "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2018" by Bob Sehlinger and‎ Len Testa. You can get it on Amazon for $15.17 or probably a local bookstore. You'd probably be fine with the 2017 or 2016 edition, which you might find in your local library.

These guides provide a lot of information and "touring plans" depending on how long you want to be at Disney.

My nephew and his family have camped at Fort Wilderness at Walt Disney World. The loved it. It isn't cheap, but if you decide you want to do more than a day at Disney, you might really enjoy it.

Have a great time.
cma is offline   Reply With Quote