Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #1

Assateague Island SP Anyone???? Two Sites Available - July 25 to August 5

Two of the couples that had planned on camping with our "group" this summer have backed out, both related to new jobs and lack of available vacation time. We have two sites available, on the I-Loop (Beach side of the loop), close to a Bathhouse/Restroom, from Thursday, July 25 to Sunday, August 5. I-Loop has no on-site services. Water is available at the Bathhouse/Restrooms, and there is a dump station. I have solar. Others in the group bring generators.

We can return these site to the booking company, and they will snatched-up in a heartbeat, but I figured that I'd offer them to Forum members first.... Cost on the sites is $335 each, for the 10-days.

If you've ever been to Assateague Island, it's a GREAT camping location. You are literally right on the beach, with only yards to walk to the water. Great swimming, good surfcasting, kite-flying, and when you are tired of that you can go clamming, crabbing, bird watching, kayaking, etc. in the Back Bay. You are also only about 15 minutes from the Boardwalk in Ocean City, MD, so there is plenty of good family fun and adult nite-life.

If you are interested, send me a PM, and I can provide additional details.

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
Always Learning

If I had any idea of how to camp without hookups, I'd be on this in a hot minute. Otherwise- someone's going to get an awesome reservation!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #3

Sounds wonderful but not doable for us ~ bummer... Still very thoughtful of you
Old 05-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
Brigitte

We just returned from hatteras island (Camp Hatteras) in North Carolina. There is a great RV park, steps to the beach.
On the way back, we stopped at Castaway for a lovely 2 days rain (good shopping) and also drove to the Assateague Island to check it out. Very cool place, similar to the Outer banks.without all hook ups, but so much closer.
I would be tempted to get these but planned our summer to go to Nova Scotia already.
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote