Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2015, 03:53 PM   #1

Assateague SP..... Can't wait

Well, I'm officially 7 days from leaving for my second trip of the year. A four day stint on Assateague at the State Park end. First of four trips scheduled there this year. Cant wait.
Just got my order delivered today from etrailer with a few more odds n ends to make the pop up better, and My Renogy Solar Suitcase should be arriving a few days before departure. I'll be taking along the volt meter and am really anxious to see how it does with keeping the battery charged. Also picked up a small 12w folding solar charger to keep the electronics/phones charged. Happy wife, happy camping life. And plenty of sun on the beach.

So the next big dilemma is...... So many seafood joints, which one this time. Lol

Holler if you see me in the A loop !

'07 Chevy Silverado
'07 Chevy Tahoe
'11 HW27sc
jw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
Average Joe

Have a grand time. Looks like you'll miss the mosquitos

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:39 AM   #3

No skeeters out yet. Not much of anything moving, mostly empty campground and the beach is completely empty.

Just the way I like it.

'07 Chevy Silverado
'07 Chevy Tahoe
'11 HW27sc
jw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:04 PM   #4

How's the squitos in October. I have a few days reserved there.
Randy.Dreyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:38 PM   #5

Got back from Assateague State Park, Ocean City, MD, the 3rd week of May 2015. Made reservations in Oct 2014 for the electric loop- Section H. Great weather, no flies or skeets. I only live 25 miles away. Checked in at 2:15 and at 4 pm a herd of 7 ponies decided to call my site home for 30 minutes. They found no food so they wandered off but a yearling decided to take an hour nap in the shade next to my Silverado. At dusk, miniature Sika deer were wandering all over the campground looking for food. Don't feed them or they will take over your site. It's also not legal to feed any critters on the island. Same thing happens at the National Park next to the State Park. Both parks are fine camping facilities but you have to like sand and bring a broom. Horses are known to tear down tents or screen houses to get to food kept in them. Use your closed vehicle for storage.
6.0 Liter, 4:10 rear
2012 Rockwood MiniLite 2109S
Reese Dual-Cam
clm3 is offline   Reply With Quote