Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #21

We had an awesome trip, sorry for not updating sooner! We left southern Maryland around 11pm on a Wednesday night, got to Emporia Va around 3am Thursday, slept at cracker barrel and made our way to Savannah Georgia by 3pm Thursday, of course stopped at south of the boarder for the kids! Hung out in Savannah until Saturday morning, then arrived in Disney at fort wilderness around 1pm sat. Had a great week and couldn't have asked for better weather! No hiccups on the way down or up, 1650 miles round trip, and our camper made our home away from home so much fun. Already planning next years trip down!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
schusters07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by schusters07 View Post
We had an awesome trip, sorry for not updating sooner! We left southern Maryland around 11pm on a Wednesday night, got to Emporia Va around 3am Thursday, slept at cracker barrel and made our way to Savannah Georgia by 3pm Thursday, of course stopped at south of the boarder for the kids! Hung out in Savannah until Saturday morning, then arrived in Disney at fort wilderness around 1pm sat. Had a great week and couldn't have asked for better weather! No hiccups on the way down or up, 1650 miles round trip, and our camper made our home away from home so much fun. Already planning next years trip down!

How's 95 on the way down and back? We are headed to savannah next Saturday. Straight down 95 from northern md area.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #23

It was pretty good, a Little bumpy the closer you get to ga but pretty good all around!

Old 05-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #24
Always Learning

Where did you stay in Savannah?
Old 05-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #25

KOA Savannah South, would highly recommend, but they fill up quick!

Old 05-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #26
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by schusters07 View Post
KOA Savannah South, would highly recommend, but they fill up quick!
Thanks! I'm looking for a route back from Key West this winter. I have 5 days planned for getting there but only have 4 days available for getting back. I haven't looked at a map yet, but I like hearing suggestions for places that folks have stayed at.

How did you hours at Cracker Barrel work for you all? Are you driving a motorhome or trailer (TT or FW)?

I keep threatening that we're going to try this some time, but then can't quite build myself up to do it. (We're in a truck + fifth wheel.)
Old 05-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #27

We're in a 26' TT with 4 year old twin girls and let me tell you, they had a ball! CB worked awesome, stayed over night at 2 actually, can't remember where in nc though. We were originally taking 3 days back but the kids did so great in the car we kept going and made it in 2!

Old 05-19-2014, 04:19 AM   #28

you can overnight at the Savannah visitors center for about $7....Boondocking, no hookups. the location is outstanding. Walking distance to almost everything.
Ekw4156 is offline   Reply With Quote