Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2018, 08:14 AM   #1

Birmingham Al. to Williamsburg, Va.

We are going to Williamsburg, Va. later this month in our FR3 32 DS . We plan to take the route through Chattanooga, Tn. and stop mid-way. Any suggestions where we should stop or interesting sites we should visit along the route?
gpierce75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:18 AM   #2
Always Learning

I think the Virginia Natural Bridge is through there somewhere. We stopped many years ago for a "stretch your legs" kind of visit (long before we bought an RV).
Old 05-15-2018, 10:43 AM   #3

we traveled to Williamsburg fro Tuscaloosa, AL last year. we stayed overnight in Bristol. we did not take the camper but you might be able to find an rv park there that is available if they are not having a race at the speedway.
jerry1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #4

If you are headed up I-81, you have several options in the Bristol, VA/TN area. The cheaper option is Sugar Hollow Park, a locality owned campground in Bristol, VA. They have limited services, but it's just off of I-81 about 1 mile from exit 7 in Virginia.

If you go off the interstate, there is:

Lakeview RV Park; Warriors Path SP in Kingsport, TN; Natural Tunnel SP in Va.

There is a KOA in Blountville, TN that is about a mile off the interstate. It is easy to get to, small sites, but good for a quick overnite close to the highway.

All of these are within a 30 minute drive from the center of Bristol and should be right at halfway - 5 hrs, 20 minutes.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:30 PM   #5

My son lives in Wytheville Va. One hour north of Bristol. We stay at the koa there and it's pretty good for a smaller koa. It even has a bowling alley and batting cage.
redskins2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:05 PM   #6
Retired Army Paratrooper

Where are you staying in Williamsburg?
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote