Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2021, 03:40 PM   #1

Cabelas Delaware dump station closed

I planned to use the dump station at Cabellas in Delaware today but it is not there. [emoji15]

I don’t know when it was removed.

Now to find another one.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 03:46 PM   #2
Part-Time Campground Host

Try this:

https://www.rvdumps.com/

Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1659
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 03:54 PM   #3

Thanks, I will save that web site.

Nothing shown near me.

I will probably use Media Camping tomorrow assuming they still have one.
Old 07-17-2021, 04:03 PM   #4
Site Team

I seem to recall a previous thread on the forums talking about cabelas and bass pro closing dump stations.

https://drivinvibin.com/2021/06/08/cabelas-rv/

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 05:00 PM   #5

Now that you mention it I also remember. I didn’t see the article you included.

I wasn’t concerned because the previous thread said the closings were limited.

Thanks
Old 07-17-2021, 05:46 PM   #6

Just for the future Lums Pond State Park in Bear De would be the next closest dump station, I believe a $10 charge and it is a back in dump station, I would not try to use it on a Sat as they sometimes use it as a back up site seeing it is basically a full hook up site. The next one would be the rest plaza in Smyrna.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 09:53 PM   #7

Dblr,

Lums was too far south for this trip as was the rest area in Symrna. But thanks for letting me know about them. I have been to that rest stop but never noticed a dump station.

I noticed on the dump station lists that the 301 truck stop has one. I never noticed that one either. I will be on 301 this week so I will probably stop there. Good coffee and good chocolate cake is a lure for me.

We are planning a move from PA to Queen Anne’s County , MD. I was told the county has a dump station on Kent Island. We are house hunting there.

Thanks

Old 07-18-2021, 05:51 AM   #8

I did not know about the possible dump at the 301 truck stop so let me know for sure. We were just down that way and if known I could have checked, we actually were scouting diesel prices, the Star Station was $2.93 compared to 3.05-3.25 up our way so for me needing well over 150 gallons might be worth the trip down there.

Good luck on the house hunting, that would be a big change going from Delco down to there...but a good change
Old 07-18-2021, 06:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I seem to recall a previous thread on the forums talking about cabelas and bass pro closing dump stations.

https://drivinvibin.com/2021/06/08/cabelas-rv/
Cabela's, as I am sure everyone would agree, has a right to close down their dump sites and deny overnights. However, what a shame.

The one in my town recently shut down their dump station and has greatly limited overnights. They relegated it to a few spots mixed in with their tractor trailers that theoretically limit overnights to maybe 2-4 spots.

For a reason for doing so (overnights) they quoted am existing town ordinance. Being concerned RVer, I met with the town councilors about this, and they assured me that their ordinance didn't apply to situations like Cabelas. They contacted Cabelas and told them so. So it is pretty clear that this new policy it really corporate policy.

The real disappointment here is that they already have the infrastructure in place so there is hardly any new costs to them. RVers now have to go to local campgrounds to dump at a cost of 25-40 dollars per dump. I would think Cabelas could reopen the station at those rates and make a nice profit.
PhilFromMaine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 12:50 PM   #10

Delco Bobby, Lums Pond State Park near Bear, DE, has a dump station and you may be able to pay to dump there. Could be a fee. It is ony a few miles from Christiana Mall, maybe four-five miles off Rt 1 via Rt 72.

We also sometimes use French Creek State Park to dump, near Elverson, PA.
Larry

2014 Rockwood Signature 8282 Ultra-Lite
2008 RAM 3500 HD DRW Laramie Megacab
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Grapehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 01:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapehound View Post
Delco Bobby, Lums Pond State Park near Bear, DE, has a dump station and you may be able to pay to dump there. Could be a fee. It is ony a few miles from Christiana Mall, maybe four-five miles off Rt 1 via Rt 72.

We also sometimes use French Creek State Park to dump, near Elverson, PA.
Larry
It is closer than I imagined but not in the direction we were heading.

FWIW, We did a shopping trip to Christiana Mall from our home in Media, PA.

Good to know about French Creek. Haven’t been there in very long time.

Old 07-18-2021, 01:32 PM   #12

Media Camping Center dumping

I went to Media Camping today. It looks like their dump station ( more a hole in the ground) is unavailable.

Appeared they were tearing down a building with machinery and debris covering the area.

Old 07-18-2021, 02:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
I did not know about the possible dump at the 301 truck stop so let me know for sure. We were just down that way and if known I could have checked, we actually were scouting diesel prices, the Star Station was $2.93 compared to 3.05-3.25 up our way so for me needing well over 150 gallons might be worth the trip down there.

Good luck on the house hunting, that would be a big change going from Delco down to there...but a good change
I plan to stop at 301 on Monday. My wife called and got someone in the restaurant who was willing to help but didn’t know what we wanted. She asked another employee who referred us to the Pine Tree transfer station. I will try to confirm tomorrow if they have one.

Old 07-18-2021, 02:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Dblr,

Lums was too far south for this trip as was the rest area in Symrna. But thanks for letting me know about them. I have been to that rest stop but never noticed a dump station.

I noticed on the dump station lists that the 301 truck stop has one. I never noticed that one either. I will be on 301 this week so I will probably stop there. Good coffee and good chocolate cake is a lure for me.

We are planning a move from PA to Queen Anne’s County , MD. I was told the county has a dump station on Kent Island. We are house hunting there.

Thanks
There is a dump station at the Kent Island Sewer plant, there is also one at the Tuckahoe State Park Campground Near Centreville. There is one at the Martinak State Park south of Denton. I leave near Centreville I put one on my septic tank that works real good. Good luck on house hunting on Kent island also known as Glen Bernie east, there are traffic backups every week end hours long. Everyone is moving further east , Queenstown, Centreville, Church Hill, Wye Mills to get away from it and to save a 100 grand in prices.
John Maryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 02:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maryland View Post
There is a dump station at the Kent Island Sewer plant, there is also one at the Tuckahoe State Park Campground Near Centreville. There is one at the Martinak State Park south of Denton. I leave near Centreville I put one on my septic tank that works real good. Good luck on house hunting on Kent island also known as Glen Bernie east, there are traffic backups every week end hours long. Everyone is moving further east , Queenstown, Centreville, Church Hill, Wye Mills to get away from it and to save a 100 grand in prices.
Thanks for the dump confirmation.

Our daughter lives in Chester, Md. that is why my wife wants to move there. Your comments are well received by me. 😊

I was pushing for Queenstown as a compromise.

Anyhow we have an offer in on a ranch house next to a horse farm. We are also visiting another house tomorrow.

I am stuck unless I flee. 😐

We hope to sell our current house this week.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2021, 06:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I plan to stop at 301 on Monday. My wife called and got someone in the restaurant who was willing to help but didn’t know what we wanted. She asked another employee who referred us to the Pine Tree transfer station. I will try to confirm tomorrow if they have one.
I think the Pine Tree transfer station is more of a trash dump location and is located closer to Route 1 in Townsend, not sure if they have a dump station.
Old 07-19-2021, 06:26 AM   #17

Keep in mind if you use the new 301 bypass they charge the same toll fee no matter how long you stay on it, so meaning if you use it to get to the 301 plaza you will be charged the whole amount, get off then get back on after stopping at the plaza get charged again so you might want to limit how you use it, there are ways around it but of course takes longer.
Old 07-19-2021, 06:23 PM   #18

Quote:
I think the Pine Tree transfer station is more of a trash dump location and is located closer to Route 1 in Townsend, not sure if they have a dump station.

Agree, doesn’t look like anything but trash.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Keep in mind if you use the new 301 bypass they charge the same toll fee no matter how long you stay on it, so meaning if you use it to get to the 301 plaza you will be charged the whole amount, get off then get back on after stopping at the plaza get charged again so you might want to limit how you use it, there are ways around it but of course takes longer.

Crap. I didn’t see that on my EZ Pass statement.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:28 PM   #20

301 Truck Plaza does NOT HAVE RV DUMPING FACILITIES.