Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2019, 10:42 AM   #1

Camping in November in DC advice

Hi all, we have a new grand baby coming around November 19. They live in Alexandria, Va. We would love to take our Motorhome to go see everyone but are concerned about weather conditions in November. We are from the New Orleans area and have no idea what to expect. Thanks
lacrawgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:12 PM   #2

The nights might get cold but days warm up fine, you could either fill your fresh water or just unhook your hose and drain it incase the temps get below 32 at night, that is a great time to camp as crowds seem to be less and rates might even drop.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:44 PM   #3

Cherry Hill campground is open year around. Is in Maryland on the North Loop of DC
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:00 PM   #4
Brake is on left

You never know what it will be like in November here. I have worn shorts on Thanksgiving and we have had snow flurries. Its a crap shoot. Theoretically, we don't get hard freeze until mid December. Exterior water lines are what would concern me if it sank into the 20s overnight. Thing is, daytime highs can be 30+ degrees warmer.
If it were me, I would just watch the weather. If lows were going to be in the mid 20s I would probably be prepared to run antifreeze in the lines. Our dogs water bowl will have a crust on it in the 20's. RV antifreeze is plentiful around here. Every Wal-Mart and auto parts place has it. Even if the "low" is 25, it may only be below freezing for a couple hours. It isnt like it sinks below freezing from sun down to sun up.
Where are y'all staying? Greenville Family Farm has full hookup near Manassas Battlefield and Prince William Forest Park is down 95 from Alexandria.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:13 PM   #5

We will be staying in my son's driveway in Alexandria.
lacrawgator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping