Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #1

Camping near Rochester N.Y.

Hi everyone. We may be heading to see our relatives that live around Rochester, N.Y. They are not camping people, has anyone got any suggestions for nice places to stay (with lots of kids stuff? 7 y.o and 5 y.o. ).

thanks in advance,

shineysideup
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #2

Darien Lake Theme Park Resort sounds like it would be perfect but it shows as 1 hour West of Rochester. We're camping there 1 night next week. One night camping plus 3 park passes for $82. I think we're going to regret not staying longer.
2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTn_biKer65 View Post
Darien Lake Theme Park Resort sounds like it would be perfect but it shows as 1 hour West of Rochester. We're camping there 1 night next week. One night camping plus 3 park passes for $82. I think we're going to regret not staying longer.

Thanks for the suggestion. We were looking for something a little closer. Sounds like a good deal. We are headed to Yogi bear campground up the 400 next week. It's the kids choice. Talk about nosebleed prices, $190 for two nights! Oh well, the things you do to keep the little ones entertained...

thanks again
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #4

I remember seeing that Yogi Bear campground once..

I've been to Holiday Hill and it was very nice. Next time your looking for a place I suggest that one. Sky Line is another one, although I would only give it an ok rating.

I don't suggest Darien Lake very much as the campers from what I heard are put close together and not every site has hook-ups (meaning you'll be running extension cords and longer tubes to empty your tanks.)

If you wish to ever go down to Chautauqua Lake I suggest Camp Chautauqua. It's literary right along side the lake and the Chautauqua Institution is only a short drive away.
Golddisk is offline   Reply With Quote