Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2015, 07:24 PM   #1

Carrabelle Beach, Florida

We are heading to Carrabelle Beach, FL at the end of this month. Does anyone have suggestions for things to do and good places to eat?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
imavol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #2
Roger and Paula

From what I remember going through there, it is pretty empty. Some stuff further west at Appalachacola, then Panama City about an hour west. Google search is the best I have got.
Rstrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:53 AM   #3

Carrabelle Beach RV Resort is a great RV park. Not much to do in Carrabelle but take it easy. Go 14 miles West of the RV park to Eastpoint, FL is the Beach Pit on the Bay restaurant, it use to be Capt. Snooks. Then on West another 5 or so miles to Apalachicola. Apalachicola restaruants for the best oysters in the world. Check out the Crooked River lighthouse just one mile West of Carrabelle RV.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:49 AM   #4

We like Ho-Hum RV park where you can pull right up to the water, not as fancy as Carabelle Beach Resort with level gravel sites instead of concrete pads. I agree with those who say there's not much to do but relaxing on the water is not all bad and kayaks would be fun there.

Toucan's Restaurant in Mexico Beach is a drive but we like the drive and like the restaurant.
StoneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post
Carrabelle Beach RV Resort is a great RV park. Not much to do in Carrabelle but take it easy.
Hi - we're heading to this RV resort later this month, wondering if you recommend a specific site or area of the campground? We'll be in a 36' Class A towing a car. We'll have two of the kids with us, sounds like it's a good thing we mostly plan to spend our time on the beach!

Tom
Old 03-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #6

Thanks everyone for the replies. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our trip due to ice and snow. We hope to try again soon!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
imavol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Irishman View Post
Hi - we're heading to this RV resort later this month, wondering if you recommend a specific site or area of the campground? We'll be in a 36' Class A towing a car. We'll have two of the kids with us, sounds like it's a good thing we mostly plan to spend our time on the beach!

Tom
Sites 12 to 37 are angled pull through sites and you will have to un-hook your toad and angle it in as the sites are not all that long. Sites 20-21-37 are in front close to the beach but also closer to the highway. There are some back in sites 38 to 45 that I like. Not a bad site but a little close together.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Sites 12 to 37 are angled pull through sites and you will have to un-hook your toad and angle it in as the sites are not all that long. Sites 20-21-37 are in front close to the beach but also closer to the highway. There are some back in sites 38 to 45 that I like. Not a bad site but a little close together.
Thanks, I appreciate the input. I can't imagine the "beach front" sites are still open this late in the game - is the highway noise even noticeable? We'd like to be near the pool\clubhouse area if we can, and definitely don't mind backing in!

Thanks again!

Tom
Old 03-04-2015, 11:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Irishman View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the input. I can't imagine the "beach front" sites are still open this late in the game - is the highway noise even noticeable? We'd like to be near the pool\clubhouse area if we can, and definitely don't mind backing in!

Thanks again!

Tom
Highway noise may be a problem. I would go for one of the back in sites that back up to the pool area.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Highway noise may be a problem. I would go for one of the back in sites that back up to the pool area.
It appears that entire side is full, they have us on the New Haven Retreat Extension side at #122. So I'm expecting a bit of a walk to the pool and beach, but that's ok as long as the sun is shining!

Their online reservation system is pretty weak in my opinion. You submit a request which gets routed to the resort itself, they then respond back if there is availability or not. Then you go back and forth asking for specific sites, locations, etc. They didn't answer when I called, but a phone call seems the best way to go with making a reservation.

But for booking 2 weeks before Spring Break, I'm not going to complain!

Tom
Old 03-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #11

Some of the best seafood I have ever had was at the Oaks Restaurant in Panacea, FL. not too far from Carrabelle. Julia Mae's used to be great but I think it closed.
hakuna matata is offline   Reply With Quote