Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2017, 09:15 PM   #1

CG recommendation near Danbury, CT

The weekend of June 23-25 we are planning our yearly family camping trip. But this year I'm changing the spot we've gone to since we were kids.
I've since upgraded to a camper but some family members are holdouts and still tent (but they sleep in their cars when it rains!!)
So I'm looking at Danbury since its centrally located for everyone. We fish, kayak, bike and hike, explore areas, occasionally power boat.
Any thoughts on a Rv and tent friendly place?
KB3FPI hammy
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #2

How far do you want to travel? I like Odetah campground in Bozrah, CT. Very nice and clean, big, good fishing pond, cafe on the beach, boat rentals, movies, bingo, mini golf, heated pool, splash park, dog park, ect. It's a little hilly and smaller if you want to stay at full hook up. Grey water hook ups are larger and flatter if you want to ride bikes. It's about a hour from Danbury . Check it out.
Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:39 PM   #3

If you're looking for something more rustic, Housatonic Meadows State Park is a great place thats rv and tent friendly. Great hiking, and fishing!
jjstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:48 PM   #4

If you are looking for rustic near water, try White Memorial Conservation Center – Environmental Education, Outdoor Recreation, Land Conservation, & Wildlife Research in Litchfield & Morris, Connecticut. I stayed there a few years ago and it is rustic unimproved on the water. The largest camp trailer i have seen there is 26-27 foot. The campground is located on Bantam Lake in Litchfield, CT
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:59 AM   #5

Kettletown State Park in Southbury, maybe 30 min from Danbury.
bigt1739 is offline   Reply With Quote