Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2019, 09:40 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbillsmith View Post
So basically a little less than $6 per 1 1/2 pounder. In a week we went 3 times cause it was so easy to get too. Took us about an hour to strip out meat for our freezer seal packs. We ate lobster many times during our trip back home to Texas.
Was this for recently molted lobster ?
coney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:02 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedwing2 View Post
We were in New England this past fall. Stayed at Bar Harbor Campground; it was great. $40/night, friendly, and had great laundry. They don’t take credit cards, but will take checks or cash. It’s close to Acadia NP and Bar Harbor. We bought lobster and cooked them ourselves, and although cheaper, shelling them is a pain. The best lobster roll was at McFarlands near Camden Maine.

I was at Bar Harbor campground and you could order the lobster dinner and have it brought to your camper, I ordered two and ate both. That was the first night
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:21 PM   #43

Back in the 80’s we would occasionally fly into Brunswick NAS. I had to fly up there to do some maintenance on one of our C-5’s. You could go into base operations and order lobsters by the case for around $2.00 a pound. They would be delivered to you within a hour. We did have a flight crew that got into a little trouble for doing a full stop landing and picking up lobster there. They were only supposed to be doing touch and goes, no full stops.
Msgtret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:23 PM   #44
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgtret View Post
Back in the 80’s we would occasionally fly into Brunswick NAS. I had to fly up there to do some maintenance on one of our C-5’s. You could go into base operations and order lobsters by the case for around $2.00 a pound. They would be delivered to you within a hour. We did have a flight crew that got into a little trouble for doing a full stop landing and picking up lobster there. They were only supposed to be doing touch and goes, no full stops.
How do they expect you to pick up lobsters doing touch-n-go's?
The nerve of them.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:31 PM   #45
Wrench Turnin Fool

My son just returned "home" from several years as a lobsterman off bar harbor... If you knew what it took to get them you'd know $22.00 IS cheap.

2001 Coleman SantaFe pop up
Excited new owner of 2018 Arctic Wolf 315TBH8
Towing with a 2005 F-250 5.4 GASSER
Arctic Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:15 AM   #46

I agree with Ken!!!! I spent 2 months in the Canadian Maritimes last summer camping in National parks and provincial parks. I ate LOTS of lobster that was so delicious and far less expensive then when we crossed back into the States and Maine.
By from the docks and cook at campsite!
seizethebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:06 PM   #47

Cheap Lobster

My wife and I take a trip every two years to Maine. We go to Ericas Lobster in Harpswell. Tom and Andrea are great. We started going up there and getting Lobster. for $4 a pound 8 years ago. Two years ago we paid $4.75 for soft shells.\

We bought 60 lobsters cooked and vacuum bagged, and ate them for the next year .We brought 40 back for friends in a cooler. Tom rolled his boat out into the harbor and got some fresh seaweed for our cooler which kept the Lobster aliver for out 17 hour ride home. Andrea has a stand which she makes great lobster rolls.

https://www.ericasseafood.com/
Secarider is offline   Reply With Quote