Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2015, 02:08 AM   #1

Dale Hollow Lake camping

We are starting to plan a few trips for this summer's camping season. Neither me or my wife have been to Dale Hollow Lake in southern Kentucky. I know that there are a few camp grounds on the Kentucky side as well as the Tennessee. Which are the best in your opinion???

2005 Flagstaff FS26
2006 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0L
johngoat2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:29 PM   #2

Willow Grove & Lillydale on the Tennessee side. Corp of Engineers parks. Water & electric, no FHU's. Reserve using recreation.gov.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:46 PM   #3

KY state resort parks are typically much better than TN state parks.

That being said cumberland falls and lake cumberland in KY are great state parks. But i would also check out Standing Stone State Park on the TN side. Small, quaint, and clean state park....never crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
travelwithkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:22 AM   #4

We have stayed at a number of State parks on the KY side and they are all really nice. Be advised that Cumberland Fall S.P. has narrow access roads and small spots, so if you are considering staying there read the online reviews if you are longer than 30' (which, judging by your picture, you probably are.) They have pull-through spots for longer campers, but they are moderately un-level front-to-back (side-to-side is manageable.) There is a State Resort park very close to Dale Hollow lake (link) that you might like. We have not camped there, so I can't speak to how nice it is personally, but in KY, all of the resort parks are good to excellent (in my opinion.)

- Randy
Old 02-11-2015, 08:57 PM   #5

Wrong Way is right

Cumberland Falls very small sites. Not well organized and they did not tell me that when I called and made reservations. Stated plenty of room come on down and I almost never got out of my site. Park was empty when I parked but a camper pulled in across from me the night before I left and it took almost two hours of inching back and forth to get out. Just my experience.
TN2TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:04 PM   #6

We boat at the Sulphur Creek Resort on the KY side of the lake. Have some friends that have camped there too. Campsite seems small to me.

2019 XLR Boost 36DSX13
2012 F-350 SuperCrew, 6.7L, FX4, 4x4, DRW, tow package, 3.55 axle, flatbed
cheriesgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #7

The Ky State Park system is rated #1 in the nation and has been for years. I have looked at the St Park at Dale Hollow many times but never stayed there. The sites appear to be large and some are FHU. There is full service loge nearby and many outdoor activity options. The lake is the most clear and clean lake I have ever seen as I have been there to boat and ski. The campground is not on the lake but nearby. It gets very good reviews and has a pool and amphitheatre where typically storytelling and historical programs are provided free of charge. Ok..Ive talked myself into it...I want to go too!
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:38 AM   #8

Dale Hollow Lake State Park Campground south of Burkesville, Ky is a nice campground but I think most of the sites are a little tight. Most are around a circle and if you have a big trailer you have to park your tow vehicle in the grass. I just drove through one day in the summer and vehicles were parked everywhere and it seemed a lot of campers had more than one vehicle.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:29 PM   #9

There is also a very nice cg just south of KY/TN line on TN 53 below Burkesville. Not very far, right on river & very nice campsites.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:19 PM   #10
rd3

Obey River Campground is right on the lake and pretty nice. It's on the lake, not the river. About 30 mins north of Cookeville tn.
rd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:57 PM   #11

dale hollow sp

We stay at Dale Hollow every year. Very nice park. The sites are in circles so even though you seem close to others the angle makes it seem much bigger and there is lots of green space. Not all sites have sewer. Great golf coarse Lodge with fri night buffet
garylawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:30 PM   #12

Hi Dale Hollow state park is fantastic, I work at the park in the pro shop have a HouseBoat at the marina, campground is spacious has a seasonal pool,

Nice trails. Lilly Dale campground in Tenn just a few miles down the lake but 40 plus miles by road is a fantastic campground at waters edge. If u need a tee time ask for rick,
Rickhise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping