Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2015, 01:58 PM   #21

I'd suggest looking online if you know what path you are taking. Here in Tampa, the Veterans and Selmon Expressways were both converted to ORT a couple of years ago. I know many segments of the Turnpike and MDX are, but not all.

For instance, I found this map on the Florida Turnpike's web site: http://www.floridasturnpike.com/all-...%20map_web.pdf

If you have a SunPass, it works on all toll roads in FL. SunPass and EPass roads. Now they even know when I have my trailer attached.

I need to get one for my motorhome, though. Oops.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:50 PM   #22
7 Year Class A RV'er

We live in Orlando, so our travels are on SR528, SR417 and SR408 almost exclusively. Last time we went to Fort Wilderness, we took our golf cart on a small utility trailer that I had forgotten about registering. We got a not so nice note from the Expressway Authority a couple of months later telling us we owed a fine, etc. Once we got with them, we just registered the license number with our account and it now charges to our RV Epass automatically, but I've not seen nor heard of anything up here to read your license plate and bill you later. We still have state troopers who just love to sit (rightfully so) at the Epass readers and grab folks who try to run them. Wish we could get the license readers - seems like it would provide a lot more income to the authority. Biggest issue around here, though, are the folks who really don't care whether or not they pay because they can't have their license revoked since they never had one!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:20 PM   #23
Chuck from Maryland

Hitting the road to ft. Wilderness tomorrow. We'll be there Tuesday the. 12th thru may 22. Sooooo ready.
chuck-md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:40 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck-md View Post
Hitting the road to ft. Wilderness tomorrow. We'll be there Tuesday the. 12th thru may 22. Sooooo ready.
Have a safe trip there and enjoy!!!!!!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #25

We will be there in January 2016 for the marathon (my wife's first full marathon)....never been. What spots would you all recommend for a 40' DP with Jeep in tow, and we have dogs. Thanks!
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote