Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
10Isola

Drummer Boy - Gettysburg

Made a last minute reservation at Drummer Boy in Gettysburg for this weekend. Anyone have any insight to this CG?
10Isola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Isola View Post
Made a last minute reservation at Drummer Boy in Gettysburg for this weekend. Anyone have any insight to this CG?
We live 40 min away and have camped there a few times our self. It's easy to get to, very clean and close to other attractions.
The campground had changed ownership a few years ago and the price to camp there went up......like everything else, they have a nice store, pool and a water slide that was add as well, as far as the size of the campground it's a nice size and they have annual sites. The last i heard they will allow only two pets

It has been a while since we have camped there so i don't know any more then that, most of our camping is done in the Hershey area.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #3

10Isola - you can check out their reviews at RV Park Reviews :: Gettysburg, Pennsylvania ( PA ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews
buckeyefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Was there about ten years ago. Very nice place and I would return without hesitation. It is/was well maintained, etc. However, I seem to recall that some of the sites are very close to an exchange on Rt. 15 and come equipped with a bit of road noise. Suggest you view a satellite image and, maybe, request a site accordingly.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #5

The road noise is considerable ..... We stayed close to the road and the trucks did wake me up quite a few times. best to be on sites away from that busy road.

Other then that, an excellent camp ground, thumbs up !
Old 09-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomph View Post
The road noise is considerable ..... We stayed close to the road and the trucks did wake me up quite a few times. best to be on sites away from that busy road.

Other then that, an excellent camp ground, thumbs up !
Oh yes Route 15 has it's share of truck traffic and they love using the jake brake at that Route 97 exit. We used to camp there frequently when we had our pop-up near the lake. It definitely kills a nice quite evening and resting peacefully from time to time. We haven't been there for a while but my brother-in-law still tent camps over there.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:48 AM   #7
Flagstaff 625D Popup

We are planning to camp there this weekend 9-10,9-11.
I'll report back my findings...

Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #8

As others posted the road noise is pretty bad... You feel like you are camping on the median. But the facilities were decent and your real close to attractions. Was a fun park to bike around with kids passing the lake, etc. If you can find a spot further(est) from the road it probably be better. But many of those seemed to be seasonal sites.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
10Isola

Just got back from there. Not a bad CG. Decent facilities. Unfortunately we were stuck up along the highway - very, very noisy. I know it was a holiday weekend, but the rates were way too high. Will probably try another CG in the area next time.
10Isola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #10
Happy to Be Camping

Location: We live in Rhode Island, but our hearts are in New Hampshire
Was just there in July. Have to agree with high road noise, high price. We had some power (30 amp) issues at our site-kept tripping ac because of low voltage (finally checked with meter)=drawing too hard. People were friendly, though.
Shawomet3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #11
Flagstaff 625D Popup

Here is my report from camping last weekend (9-9 to 9-11):

We were in site 108, no road noise there. STAY AWAY FROM SITES NEAR RT 15.

-Bees were around constantly, a couple got inside. I got stung once.

-Walnut trees dropping walnuts on the car and camper constantly.

-Had to pay $5.99 for 1 day of internet access
...+Good strong signal
...-Complicated to get connected

-Both pools were closed, even though website says the heated pool IS open after labor day. We were disappointed in this...

-Expensive (I think $99 for 2 nights)

+Friendly staff

+Well stocked store (okay prices)

+Nice cafe'

+Mini Theater

+Live band entertainment

+Nice lake

+Well maintained bathrooms

+No gated access (I hate gates)

+Short drive to downtown Gettysburg

+Level site

If it weren't for the bees, falling walnuts and pool being closed it would have been one of my favorite campgrounds.

Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #12

Stayed there over Memorial Day weekend in 2009. Ended up in a site away from the road but, had to do a little "creative" leveling of the TT. Large CG with 2 pools (lower pool mostly for kids, slides etc.) If you have your own golf cart, don't bring it. They won't let you use it. They want you to rent one of theirs. Other than that, very nice CG and neat facilities.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote