Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2022, 03:52 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
As controlling as our legislature is, state park fees may be dictated by law and the parks department may not be able to raise them if they wanted to. .
I think you're right. They may be able to raise some 'fees' and not others. It also may be what those fees end up funding. I don't mind paying a higher fee if the funds go to improving the park or paying for services used.

Many private rv parks have one rate for 30 amp rigs and a higher fee for 50 amp rigs. Special lockouts are installed on the 50 amp. We've also run across 50amp only rv parks.

We have a COE camp that was installing electric hookups in the tent camping area so that people could charge their phones, run their televisions, and run portable ac in their tents. They got flooded out so I'm not sure if that happened.

Unfortunately, unless the cost of electricity goes down, I think the rates will continue to rise to pay for increased costs in state campgrounds.