Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2017, 01:51 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenb12 View Post
In 2015 we were at Pennecamp the last week of October, Still really hot and mosquitos so bad you could not set outside.
That's the reality of Keys camping for most of the year- the mosquitoes and no-see-ums are fierce and the heat is relentless. When it's cooler and breezier it's not so bad except maybe around dusk if the wind dies. I noticed the open kitchen/chiki huts in the Bluewater photos and wondered how usable they are in the summer months.
The irony of Keys camping is that the summer months, in spite of their challenges, offer the best boating, swimming, and snorkeling, and the best opportunity to reserve sites at the state parks, which, aside from Pennekamp, offer beautiful waterfront sites.
Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:00 PM   #22

We went in September a few years ago! Air conditioning and Bug spray are essential. Keep the RV closed up tight. the no see ums are brutal! We Northerners learned the hard way.
mini-me is offline   Reply With Quote