Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #1

Florida coast

We are planning a vacation to the beach next summer Florida, Mississippi, Alabama ??Would like to be right on the beach. Any and all help is appreciated.

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran RV Owner

I live in Tampa and have looked for campgrounds on the beach. There are a few, but not as many as one would expect!

Up in the Florida Panhandle from Pensacola to Panama Beach, you will find a couple as I remember. There is one on the east coast near Ormond Beach, and two on the Gulf Coast at Sarasota (Siesta Key) and Fort Myers Beach. Fort Desoto County Park at St. Pete Beach is not on a beach, but in a county park with a beach.

In the Florida Keys, Bahia Honda Key State Park, Long Key State Park, and lot of private sites (KOA and RV resorts).

Hope this helps.....Good Luck!
Old 08-01-2017, 05:05 PM   #3

Florida Coast

We have never stayed at Camp Gulf but will soon.

Destin Florida RV Park Camp Gulf
modemem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:08 PM   #4
Always Learning

Camp Gulf in Destin was all that and a bag of chips. BUT, it was super expensive at > $100/night for the beach front spot we were in. Super tight to the neighbors and sandy. But, being able to be right there on the sand was way cool.

Here are pics from our stay:
https://flickr.com/photos/7200488@N0...57676577600624

Otherwise, I want to go to Red Coconut for a simile experience.

There is a place further north in Florida that has just a sea wall between them and the beach. Beverly Beach Camp Town or something.

In Jacksonville, we stayed at Kathryn Hanna Abby park. Not a beach front campground, but the city park included beach access.

And lastly- it's not beach, but Bluewater Key in Key West was stunning and they have bayfront sites.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:55 PM   #5

the you tube show (the motorhome experiment) season 2 started in Texas and worked there way west on the golf coast to Florida. They had several very nice camp sites rite on the beach. dry camping or campground next to beach. very well put together video and very informative about where they stayed.

Hope This Helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:42 PM   #6

You will want to consider T. H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park in the Florida panhandle. Not sure what activities you're after but beaches are nice and uncrowded. Scallop diving is a big deal when in season. Restaurants / shopping not far in Port St Joe, Mexico Beach and Appalachia Cola

https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/St-Joseph
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:56 PM   #7

So may awesome Florida state parks on the beach! Just search through Reservamerica.
mini-me is offline   Reply With Quote