Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2019, 01:33 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to pclevel1
From Ohio to Fla 10/5

Checked out a few different areas to stay along Hwy 71 and 75 on my way to Stephen Foster State Park in Fla. to meet friends. I settled on Indian Mountain SP, bordering KY/TN for 4 days, and 2 days at Forsyth KOA in GA.
If anyone has some inside info on these places, I'd like to hear. Reservations are made and ready for my vacation.
Still have to look for my return trip which will probably be 2 overnight stays coming back.
pclevel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclevel1 View Post
Checked out a few different areas to stay along Hwy 71 and 75 on my way to Stephen Foster State Park in Fla. to meet friends. I settled on Indian Mountain SP, bordering KY/TN for 4 days, and 2 days at Forsyth KOA in GA.
If anyone has some inside info on these places, I'd like to hear. Reservations are made and ready for my vacation.
Still have to look for my return trip which will probably be 2 overnight stays coming back.
I made the first leg of my two week vacation to Indian Mountain State Park. Not bad, though a little tight in the lower number spaces. Fortunately I reserved #38 and is spacious. I'll wait and see how it looks tomorrow when families leave with kids going to school and all. Seems to be a lot of local area campers because of the weather and lake here.
I drove down from NE OH on I-71 thru Columbus and around Cincy on 275. Then onto I-75 to KTY-TENN border where the State Park is at. Looking for a good interstate to drive, I-75 was great. Almost 3 lanes all the way, minimal construction. Very smooth, although not sure what its like during the weekday, but Sat. was smooth sailing. I'll be here for a few days, then on to GA. where I will check back in for those interested.
By the way, this State Park has 50A and full hook up at most sites.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclevel1 View Post
I made the first leg of my two week vacation to Indian Mountain State Park. Not bad, though a little tight in the lower number spaces. Fortunately I reserved #38 and is spacious. I'll wait and see how it looks tomorrow when families leave with kids going to school and all. Seems to be a lot of local area campers because of the weather and lake here.
I drove down from NE OH on I-71 thru Columbus and around Cincy on 275. Then onto I-75 to KTY-TENN border where the State Park is at. Looking for a good interstate to drive, I-75 was great. Almost 3 lanes all the way, minimal construction. Very smooth, although not sure what its like during the weekday, but Sat. was smooth sailing. I'll be here for a few days, then on to GA. where I will check back in for those interested.
By the way, this State Park has 50A and full hook up at most sites.
A few photos of the State Park that sits on the border of Kentucky/Tenn. Most campers left today, can't beat this for $20/night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Indian Mtn SP3.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	375.1 KB
ID:	216737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Indian Mtn SP Space 38.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	216738  
Old 10-08-2019, 06:42 AM   #4

If you've never been to Stephen Foster, you'll love it. Beautiful park. Only downside is no sewer.
Mach428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach428 View Post
If you've never been to Stephen Foster, you'll love it. Beautiful park. Only downside is no sewer.
Yeah, the friends I'm meeting there made me aware, as well as the website when I reserved the space. I'll have to work around it. Thanks for the insight though, it looks like a nice park to stay at for a few days.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #6

Forsyth, GA KOA

Well, I made my way down I-75 via I-40 thru Tenn. I-75 in Ga. is 3 lanes and goes rather smooth, that is until one gets to the I-285 Bypass around Atlanta. Most likely better than I-75 thru the middle of Atlanta, But going this route many moons ago, I figured anything around ATL is going to be messy.
The KOA in Forsyth is "just ok". The first space they gave me I couldn't auto level in it, so they gave me another. Lazy me, I don't want to manually do it, although now I have more trees to contend to get my satellite working. I'm here until Friday, then off to Stephen Foster.

Tags
ohio