Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2017, 06:39 PM   #1

Question Frontier Town Md

Hello all.
We are looking to book into Frontier Town. I think we want to book lakefront but are looking for input from those that have been there and done that. Any recommended/not recommended sites lakefront or otherwise? Anything else we should book prior?
THANKS!
Adam
Old 02-03-2017, 06:52 PM   #2

Frontier Town Md

I like Pokomoke state park. It's about 25 minutes south of Frontier Town. I booked frontier town once but then read online reviews and canceled reservations and went to Pokomoke. My preference is state parks anyways some don't like because not full hookups.

I like it because it is central to Salsbury, assateauge and chessateauge, parks
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:09 AM   #3

Not sure what time of year you are going but the mosquitos can be bad there. The park itself does have lots of activities going on that can be fun for kids. I haven't been in several years and use to tent camp there also many years ago. Sometimes the bugs would just flat out eat you alive. I think some locals have renamed the state bird to the mosquito. ..
Roady-Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. We are looking at heading there in august sometime.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:16 AM   #5
Who Dares, Wins

I always liked Frontier Town. Been there dozens of times over the years and never issues with bugs. We also stay down the road a bit at Ft Whaley, they have a shuttle to the FT water park and into OCMD. Ft Whaley can be a bit cheaper. Either way, good BBQ place just down the road from Frontier Town on 611. Looks like a hole in the wall but good food.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:12 PM   #6

We prefer their smaller sister campground Fort Whaley. Not as busy and more roomy sites. They have a bus to Frontier town, OC, and Assateugue. The best bang for the buck is Assateague SP but they only have one electric loop and that books a year in advance.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
I always liked Frontier Town. Been there dozens of times over the years and never issues with bugs. We also stay down the road a bit at Ft Whaley, they have a shuttle to the FT water park and into OCMD. Ft Whaley can be a bit cheaper. Either way, good BBQ place just down the road from Frontier Town on 611. Looks like a hole in the wall but good food.
OH YEAH! That place is awesome! Go early... they sell out of popular items pretty quick.

smokersbbqpit.com

Also had a real good time at The Harborside

http://weocharborside.com/

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:38 PM   #8

We've been too frontiertown several times and the kids really enjoy the water park. We've stayed in the S and T rows because we like to have some shade. Sites are a bit tight and depending on how someone parks their TV it can be difficult to get in your site. Enjoy you will have a blast.

2012 Ford F150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
Previous: 2012 Flagstaff MicroLite 23LB
2006 GMC Envoy Denali V8 & 2005 GMC Envoy I6
PSUFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:43 PM   #9
Always Learning

My site options are limited being over 40' so I can't really tell you one site or another. We were happy with the couple of places we've stayed there. Though, there is one section that is more wooded than the rest.

Watch the weekend that you go in case you want to go to or avoid special events in Ocean City. We lucked into it being hot rod weekend one year and were parked right on the main road through the campground- some of those loud hot rods rolled out each day pretty near 6am. We've also been in OCMD during their Rice Burner weekend.

It's a bit of a drive, but go up to Mancini's Brick Oven Pizzeria in Fenwick Island, DE. It's just over the MD/DE border but is absolutely killer. To this day, it's the best pizza I've eaten across the country. My wife gets pasta dishes and each one is killer good.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:14 PM   #10
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
My site options are limited being over 40' so I can't really tell you one site or another. We were happy with the couple of places we've stayed there. Though, there is one section that is more wooded than the rest.

Watch the weekend that you go in case you want to go to or avoid special events in Ocean City. We lucked into it being hot rod weekend one year and were parked right on the main road through the campground- some of those loud hot rods rolled out each day pretty near 6am. We've also been in OCMD during their Rice Burner weekend.

It's a bit of a drive, but go up to Mancini's Brick Oven Pizzeria in Fenwick Island, DE. It's just over the MD/DE border but is absolutely killer. To this day, it's the best pizza I've eaten across the country. My wife gets pasta dishes and each one is killer good.
We made the mistake of being in OC for bike week one year when we had our PUP. We turned the corner into the (now closed) campground and found a male with his pants on the ground peeing in the road. We never stayed at that CG again...

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:21 PM   #11
Always Learning

Quote:
We made the mistake of being in OC for bike week one year when we had our PUP. We turned the corner into the (now closed) campground and found a male with his pants on the ground peeing in the road. We never stayed at that CG again...

I've hoteled it a couple of times for bike week. Good times if you miss that kind of craziness.

I remember walking down the boardwalk towards a hotel. As we got near, you could hear how loud and raucous it was. As we got close, you heard someone yell "family coming through!" It quieted down until we got passed and someone hollered, "all clear!"

We were actually out there through an organization that offers families a vacation/retreat who has kids with life threatening illnesses. We stayed at a townhouse condo just outside of town and had a great week. Good times.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #12

Quote:

That's why we stay at Pokamoke state park in snow hill, MD during bike week. It's 30 min south. We can enjoy the bike week during day but have respite at night. Make it enjoyable for old folkies like me.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote