Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2021, 08:31 AM   #1

Hotel with big rig parking near Elkhart IN

I am taking my 5th wheel to the factory in Wakarusa In for repairs Nov 7. It needs to be winterized before I drop it off so I am looking for a hotel that will have parking for my truck and 41’ fifth wheel. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
mphillips1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:07 AM   #2

On Google Maps I see a couple big rigs parked in a large, empty parking area just south of the Hampton Inn at 215 Northpointe Blvd. You might call them and see if it's kosher to park there. 574-264-2525.
PodGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #3

Thank you. I will check into it
Old 10-20-2021, 11:40 AM   #4
Always Learning

We stayed at the Sleep Inn, Elkhart, IN back in 2015 when we were in Elkhart and needed to get some service done (not at the factory, though).

Click image for larger version

Name:	20348108394_875182e8af_k_d[1].jpg
Views:	49
Size:	320.0 KB
ID:	264701
Old 10-20-2021, 02:07 PM   #5

Did you check to see if where you’re having repairs done has a “drop-off” area where you could leave your 5th wheel? When we went to the factory in Elkhart (not Forest River), they had a special section for overnighter’s. It was dry camping and on a First come-first serve basis. Also, we’ve had to leave campgrounds in FL because of hurricanes. As we didn’t want to stay in the motorhome during the hurricane, we took the motorhomes with us to a hotel further inland and parked in the back lot without any problems. We’ve stayed at both Holiday Inn Express’ & Hampton Inns with no issues doing this. If that’s the route you choose to do, it’s best to call ahead & see if they have room to accommodate both the truck & 5th wheel. Good luck!
Old 10-20-2021, 02:44 PM   #6

Thank you for the Sleep inn suggestion. I will check that one out as well. I was told by the factory rep that they don’t allow overnight camping. Plus the rig has to be winterized when I leave it because they can have freezing temps in November and they can’t guarantee how long they will have it.

Tags
parking