Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #1

I 77 through Fancy Gap late Sept. early Oct.

I will be traveling from western NY to St Augustine Fl. in late Sept passing through Fancy Gap on the 24th of Sept. I will be returning on the same route around Oct. 4th. I would like to know how the weather can be at that time of year. I am driving 2011 Silverado 2500HD D/A with a 38' 5er.
Soxfan1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #2

I travel that route every spring and fall. While Fancy Gap is right in the heart of an extreme fog advisory area only once did I get held up by fog. Extreme doesn't do it justice, the one time I got caught I couldn't see the end of my hood and crawled off I-77 into Fancy Gap to spend several hours( 4AM until 10AM) before it cleared. That was in December but I mostly travel south in late Oct and back north mid Apr. Check weather reprts just before you depart for any early winter storms. Two years ago I went through right after Hurricane Sandy, I had no problems but my friends who went through the day before were laid up from snow.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan