Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2024, 06:10 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: California Md
Posts: 127
I 95 in SC. and GA.

What are the conditions of I95 in SC. and GA. the last time I drove on it was pretty bad as far as rough surface not fun towing a 5TH wheel trailer.
jjcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 06:55 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
PopFla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Saint Cloud, Florida
Posts: 547
Exclamation

Just drove 95 south from Maryland to Florida last week. SC seems to be making some progress with repaving, but from Santee down to GA line is still pretty rough. We had no problems in GA except to a few random potholes.
__________________
2018 Georgetown XL 377TS
2020 Jeep Gladiator "Toad"

CAMPING (n. CAM-ping) - When you walk the dog in your pajamas with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bag of dog poop in the other while striking up a conversation with total strangers.
PopFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 06:43 AM   #3
Retired Army MSG!
 
lazyjj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sharon, SC
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcook View Post
What are the conditions of I95 in SC. and GA. the last time I drove on it was pretty bad as far as rough surface not fun towing a 5TH wheel trailer.
As a SC native in my opinion it is still terrible. We went to FL in February without our rig, but when I got to the end of I77 in Columbia, SC I took exit one and jumped onto hwy. 321 to Hardeeville, SC and got on I 95 there for the rest of the trip. Yes there were some small towns along the way and a few stop lights but I didn't feel beat to death by I 95. When we take our rig to FL later this year I am contemplating taking the same route. I did read the other day that they plan to widen the bridge at GA/SC line and the lanes from the GA line back into SC for at least 12 miles or so. That is scheduled to start sometime next year but that stretch of hwy. embarrasses me as a SC citizen.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 08:10 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 19,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyjj View Post
As a SC native in my opinion it is still terrible. We went to FL in February without our rig, but when I got to the end of I77 in Columbia, SC I took exit one and jumped onto hwy. 321 to Hardeeville, SC and got on I 95 there for the rest of the trip. Yes there were some small towns along the way and a few stop lights but I didn't feel beat to death by I 95. When we take our rig to FL later this year I am contemplating taking the same route. I did read the other day that they plan to widen the bridge at GA/SC line and the lanes from the GA line back into SC for at least 12 miles or so. That is scheduled to start sometime next year but that stretch of hwy. embarrasses me as a SC citizen.
On this year's winter trip to FL, we took I-77 to 321 and then 301 all the way to FL. Same on the return.

Way less traffic, very little construction, not all 4 lane but enough, lots of places to fuel up and way less stressful. I'll never get on I-26 and I-95 again until MAJOR repairs are made in SC and GA.
__________________
2022 Cedar Creek 345IK 5th Wheel•Solar & Inverter•2024 Ford F-Series SCREW•7.3L•4x4•Factory Puck•B&W Companion•TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater•Sinemate 3500w Gen.
F&AM Lodge 358 Somerset, PA - JAFFA Shrine - Altoona, PA

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 08:32 AM   #5
Retired Army MSG!
 
lazyjj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sharon, SC
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
On this year's winter trip to FL, we took I-77 to 321 and then 301 all the way to FL. Same on the return.

Way less traffic, very little construction, not all 4 lane but enough, lots of places to fuel up and way less stressful. I'll never get on I-26 and I-95 again until MAJOR repairs are made in SC and GA.
I have contemplated 301 as well. Thanks for that post.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.