Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #1

I need a Florida campground recomendation

hey all,

I am traveling to Deland, FL on business March 4-10. I need a recommendation for a campground to stay at. Last time I was there I stayed at Blue Springs Campground but they are booked full for the dates I need to be there. Anyone have a recommend for another campground in that area?

I need electric but can get by without a water hookup as long as the campground has bathrooms and showers. I Have been living in my 1608 Rockwood Minilite for the last couple months without water but electric is essential for me on this trip.

Anyway, if any of you know of a decent campground that might work for me please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Ray
Ray Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:02 AM   #2

Hey Ray,
Did you look at Tomoka State Park, we have not been there but my parents were and always said itnice real nice. They went with a Good Sam club.... so you may want to check it out.
Phil
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #3

I'm stayin at Wekiva falls,just off Rt. 4 in sanford..Nice Park...reasonable.....
mikehallinnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #4

Unless your into motorcycles I wouldn't recommend any campground close to Daytona Beach on those dates. We have Bike Week here March 7 thru March 16. The campgrounds are usually packed and the area is swarming with multiple thousands of motorcycles. The closest nice campground to Deland that I am aware of is Orange City Rv Resort (sunresorts .com). I have not been there, but I have good reports. But even there I would call ahead for reservations. If you need further details on the area let me know. January issue of Trailer Life had a nice write up on DeLeon Springs State Park, but no camping available there.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #5

Bike Week

We have camped many times during Bike Week at a friend's property. During this period, campgrounds are either already full OR charge hefty rates with a minimum stay. This is their time to scoop in the dollars. I would try to avoid the area by staying further west as stated by the previous poster. IF you do get into a biker campground, expect NO, zero, NADA, peace and quiet. Bikers also rise early, warm those Harley's up and roar off to breakfast.

Good luck to ya!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #6

You might try one of these - both about 30 minutes west of Deland.

We have stayed at Old Mill Stream twice and would go again.

Olde Mill Stream RV Resort

Astor (Florida ) - Campground Reviews - RV Park Reviews

Old 02-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #7

I want to thank everyone for their input. I did finally find a place. Its about ten miles from where I will be teaching that week.

You guys were right, that bike week has everything in that area booked. I ended up getting a reservation at the Lake Monroe Park campground. I will have to switch campsites half way through but at least it will still be in the same park.

I will be taking my fly rods along on this trip. Anyone know what a one week out of state fresh water fishing license cost in Fl ?
Ray Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #8

Non residents 3 day license $17
7 day for $30
yearlong 47.00
at any sporting goods, walmart or by phone 1-888-fish florida, and online at www.https:/license.myfwc.com

Have Fun and enjoy the weather!
https://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg