Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2019, 07:53 AM   #21

We love Boyds on Stock Island. Very nice sites, pool, laundry. If you are over 55 yo a great bus system is only $.50 each way to KW. Several good restaurants walking distance from campground. and on the water!
frenchmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:06 PM   #22

Key West

October is still high hurricane season down here...just something to keep in mind.
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:08 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipf18 View Post
October is still high hurricane season down here...just something to keep in mind.
Yep. We were heading south when Sandy hit in October. Tried to hightail it home, but wound up spending an unexpected week near Richmond. I used to live in Florida and now as an RVer I keep an eye on the storm forecast and I'm prepared to change plans quickly.
Now:2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2008 Ford F-250 Long Bed Diesel
Total of 30 Months on the Road Since 2008
DrLewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:31 AM   #24

Camping in Key West

May want to check Airbnb site. We found a few (2) RV sites with full hookups posted on Airbnb. Just bring your own trailer.
delaware dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaware dave View Post
May want to check Airbnb site. We found a few (2) RV sites with full hookups posted on Airbnb. Just bring your own trailer.
There must be a trick to finding sites using airbnb - I put in campers for rent link - some of which were lots only .... please share if you have a trick to search just lots - thanx

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #26

Airbnb Key West

I wasn’t looking for a campsite at the time, so just searched for room/house. The RV sites came up mixed among houses, cottages, and even boats. If you still don’t get a hit maybe none are available for the time you requested. Good luck.
delaware dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:22 PM   #27
Cadiz Couple

We spent all of last February dry camping at the NAS Key West RV Park—-cost “a whopping” $17 a night. Months long wait for a full hook-up. We were told that “IF” we could find a full hook-up off-base, it would cost $150 a night—-I didn’t try to verify this.
Cadiz Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:23 PM   #28
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadiz Couple View Post
We spent all of last February dry camping at the NAS Key West RV Park—-cost “a whopping” $17 a night. Months long wait for a full hook-up. We were told that “IF” we could find a full hook-up off-base, it would cost $150 a night—-I didn’t try to verify this.
Verified.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:38 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchmp View Post
We love Boyds on Stock Island. Very nice sites, pool, laundry. If you are over 55 yo a great bus system is only $.50 each way to KW. Several good restaurants walking distance from campground. and on the water!
We also have stayed at Boyds, and found it an ideal location for accessing the city and its attractions. As already mentioned, you can easily grab a bus. We were there in August, so had to deal with rainy times, but bicycled into town when it looked like we'd stay dry.
Ed N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:09 AM   #30

Verified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Verified.
Was that verified for February, or the last week in October?

About 70 miles from here (Raleigh) is a small town called Pinehurst. Mostly a quiet, small town, it gets very popular when they play a little golf tournament called the "US Open." Residents will rent their houses for $1000 a night, 7-day minimum, and take a hotel room in Raleigh. Hotel/Motel room rates skyrocket.

Key West's similar event is Fantasy Fest, held annually in the last week of October. $150 a night would be a bargain.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:37 AM   #31
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Was that verified for February, or the last week in October?
February.

Though, if you can get a RV spot in October, I'm betting the same. I know a couple of years back, I called Bluewater Key looking for a pair of spots for a week or two. They recommended against the last week of October because both parties had kids, but didn't indicate that the rate changed at all.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:05 PM   #32

Just saw this review listing for Jolly Roger RV Park in the Keys... maybe check them out...
Jolly Roger Travel Park - Marathon, FL - Campground Reviews

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:32 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
Just saw this review listing for Jolly Roger RV Park in the Keys... maybe check them out...
Jolly Roger Travel Park - Marathon, FL - Campground Reviews
We stayed there last winter. Nice staff, clean park. Some spots are good to great, others not so much. Grassy Key RV Resort is a mile further west from there. We spent 2 months there Feb and Mar, and we're going again next year as well
2023 GDRV Reflection 150 226RK
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote