Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2015, 04:39 PM   #21
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Well, I am jealous, but we will need to winterize for the next 15 or so years until the little one gets the boot... Then I think we will be off to the rv life as well. Thanks, be safe on the road.
I fulltime with 2 kids.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:57 PM   #22
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I fulltime with 2 kids.
Yea, my job is not conducive to remote working unless you figure my backup is 45 minutes away and I am the remote part.. Then I guess I can work remotely!!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:43 PM   #23

This past year I stayed in 1500, 1400 and 100. 1500 was the worst, unless your close to the road it's a long walk to the bus stop. Last Oct. we stayed at 1400 was the best in my opinion, short walk to the bus good wi-fi and cable and nice clean concrete pad. 100 was good near the Settlement [ I think it's called ] close to the boat over no Magic Kingdom, shorter walk into the park than from the bus stop, but no wi-fi
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:53 AM   #24

Quote:
I fulltime with 2 kids.
Do you home school? How does that work?
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #25
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
Do you home school? How does that work?

Yep, we roadschool. The boy is only 3, so an activity book and he's set. The girl is 11, so it is a bit more work. For math,'we are following Singapore Math books and augment it with Khan Academy (online). We have been branching out in different areas- mapping, astronomy, lots of science with each place we go, geography, etc. Reading and writing is based on books she reads; she's wrapping up her first book report tomorrow. And we have an English/grammar curriculum that she'll start Tuesday or Wednesday. She's doing Spanish via an app- Duolingo. For a combination of things (writing, technology, arts), she has her own blog. We are just about to start online Irish Dancing courses.

She works at the table inside or outside Wed-Fri. We travel Tuesdays and she'll work from the truck. Mondays are hit or miss, depending on what we are doing.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:12 PM   #26
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Yep, we roadschool. The boy is only 3, so an activity book and he's set. The girl is 11, so it is a bit more work. For math,'we are following Singapore Math books and augment it with Khan Academy (online). We have been branching out in different areas- mapping, astronomy, lots of science with each place we go, geography, etc. Reading and writing is based on books she reads; she's wrapping up her first book report tomorrow. And we have an English/grammar curriculum that she'll start Tuesday or Wednesday. She's doing Spanish via an app- Duolingo. For a combination of things (writing, technology, arts), she has her own blog. We are just about to start online Irish Dancing courses.

She works at the table inside or outside Wed-Fri. We travel Tuesdays and she'll work from the truck. Mondays are hit or miss, depending on what we are doing.
That is crazy but sounds like a neat plan. We love the fact our 3 year old loves to travel. I think it makes her smarter because we visit and see places most kids might only get to read about or see on TV.

So we arrived at the CS today. The 2.5 (give or take) drive went well. Did 1020 miles. We are in 100 loop, right by the docks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:14 PM   #27

Quote:

Wife and I applaud you both. Good job getting sawy from the same old, same old.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote