Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2021, 10:49 PM   #1

Meaher State Park in AL

Just returned from a week at Meaher State Park on Mobile Bay. It was a wet week, but not a wash out. Most days saw rain for only 2 or 3 hours, usually in the morning or evening. A couple days were rain free! Best of all the temperatures were generally mild, with low 60's to low 70's but the wind coming in from the Bay was chilly. We did have to run the electric heater in the camper for 3 nights, but a couple of nights I could sleep with the window by my bunk open (it faced the bay).

The park itself is superb...clean bathrooms, full hookups, paved and level camping area with grass surrounding and the sites are of a decent size. Only criticism would be the lack of a fire pit (there are fire pits scattered around the park that are meant to be shared, but no one was using them). Given the time of year, the park was very quiet both day and night (mostly snow birds). A bonus is that the park and many of the campers had Christmas lights and decorations scattered about. It made for a pleasant nighttime walk (which my wife and I enjoyed most nights).

Photos can be found in my facebook album (if you have trouble viewing them let me know and I can post an alternate link):

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3273841&type=3
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:06 AM   #2

Really good pictures. Looks like you guys really got to enjoy your time.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:56 AM   #3

We may have to look at that caampground this fall, thanks for sharing the pictures
TimNMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:06 AM   #4

Yes, my wife and I enjoyed it so much that we booked it again for this year (same week in Decmber, same spot ;-) ). We didn't get a chance to tour the nearby battleship, so hope to do that this year.
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote