Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2015, 07:46 PM   #1

Miami Area In The Height Of The Season?

My wife & I are going to be returning to do shows in Florida next winter, but this time instead of using AirBNB, we now have an RV.

It takes till November or even into December to complete our schedule. (We can usually park our RV at the shows during the weekend.)

Is it at all possible to find a campsite for a 24' motorhome in the Miami area during the week in January and February? When would we need to reserve spots? I know, as soon as possible, but what month would be our latest chance for booking spots?

Any experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-18-2015, 09:34 AM   #2

It depends.
How far away from the venues are you willing to stay
are you willing to move frequently, or are you looking for a long term(more than a week or two) location
There are plenty of county parks that have RV camps in the tri county area. there are also quite a few resorts that have short term availability most of the year. I was able to book in November for November with no problem at county parks.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
Always Learning

We stayed at Larry and Penny Thompson Memorial Park in Miami in the middle of December for a couple of days. It was pretty full. I don't know what it is like in January/February, but it's worth looking into.

A different situation than you're asking about, but I didn't call and make the reservation until August or September.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:05 AM   #4

I wouldn't know a precise date for booking, but you are playing with fire the longer you wait. It's just plain hard to find any spot that late in the game. Many folks are reserving now, as they leave to go home, for next winter.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to stillontheroad
Larry and Penny Thompson park will probably be full during January and February. In March we were able to book a couple of days with no problem ($33.00 per night + tax) Miami Everglades park generally has sites available but they are $60.00+ per night. If you wanted to book Larry and Penny Thompson you would need to book in the early fall. Both parks are nice (we just stayed at both in the last two weeks. PS Larry and Penny Thompson have a "dry Camp" section... No services for a few days that they provide to transient campers ($17.00+ per night) Call both of them
stillontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote