Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2017, 12:10 PM   #1

Mountain Stream RV Park - Marion, NC

Has anyone ever stayed there ? Online it looks nice and gets great reviews. It's going to the first campground my wife and I will be taking since moving to NC from CA back in December.
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #2
Voyager

We're researching the same area. Need to travel from SC to VA in a week or so. Just decided to take the Blue Ridge Parkway. Looking for 2 over night stops.

Quick glance at their website - several folks had issues with the tight, twisty road leading to the site.

Will continue to research...
'23 Rockwood 2205S
Bob.n.Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:25 PM   #3
(Dry Huunday)

Stayed there in 2014, Beautiful little park about 20 mins up the mountain from Marion. Yes the road is windy but not that bad. If you are looking for a park that has a lot to do this isn't the place. But it is perfect for relaxing and getting away from it all. Very, very limited Cell reception. Get a super stream site if available, well worth it! Small trout farm just a few minutes up the road. Short drive to Blue Ridge Parkway....just don't tow that direction(north of the park) NOT big rig friendly!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #4

Tom Johnson has a nice campground in Marion. It's all cement pads, just no cable and no tv but has a nice grill that serves a great little breakfast, cheap too
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
Has anyone ever stayed there ? Online it looks nice and gets great reviews. It's going to the first campground my wife and I will be taking since moving to NC from CA back in December.

I will be in the Asheville area next weekend. If time and kids permit I'll swing by there on the way home Monday. I've never been there either so this will be a good excuse to ck it out.

We have only been in NC for 3 yrs

We are in Kure Beach.

If I can't make it I'll let u know but I'm sure plenty of folks will respond by then.
Pkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #6

Stayed there last year (May) after coming down Skyline drive and Blue Ridge parkway.
Very, very nice park. As someone said, try to get a riverside lot. As someone else said, DON'T try to access from the Blue Ridge, very, very windy road down to the campground. Yes, the drive up from Marion is also windy, but apparently quite do-able, since we saw some long coaches with cars in tow in the campground. Our rig was a Forest River Lexington 233DS with a Jeep Patriot in tow, and no worries. But going from the campground up the the Blue Ridge - I don't think so!
Steve DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #7

Mt Stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.n.Denise View Post
We're researching the same area. Need to travel from SC to VA in a week or so. Just decided to take the Blue Ridge Parkway. Looking for 2 over night stops.

Quick glance at their website - several folks had issues with the tight, twisty road leading to the site.

I have stayed there on 3 different occasions. It is a relatively small park, but very clean, nice bathhouse/ restrooms.. It has a small campstore on site, and owners are very nice ( Johnson's). We happened to see a bear run along the stream our last time camping there. Internet is VERY limited, and as stated previously, the last 2 miles approaching the park from Marion is curvy, but manageable. We really like staying there
Ronjon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
You'll love it, small, clean, quiet, great sites, and excellent weekend cookouts under their pavilion!!!
mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:47 PM   #9

stayed there. was quiet and clean. would go back

Ken and Denise new SOB Imagine2019 2850mk 2017 Ram 2500 ctd.
previous 2015 shamrock23s,2015 Ram Eco diesel
previous 1997 coleman highlander pup,1994 35rb Vectra,diesel,2007 Fleetwood arcadia pup.2005 ram
kennyairport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.n.Denise View Post

Hungry Mother in va if your going that way is a must.
OHYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:55 PM   #11

KOA Swannanoa

is real close to Blue Ridge and we enjoyed our stay there, they stay busy so book soon, and not to many 50AMP. The train was not bad and plus it is america we love trains right
pbandrb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount