Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #1

Myrtle Beach OF Campgrounds

We have decided at the last minute to take a trip to Myrtle Beach in August. Any recommendations for oceanfront campgrounds?
Old 06-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #2

We stayed at Myrtle Beach Travel Park a few years ago and are headed back next month. Great campground, lots to do and it is right on the beach.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #3

Lakewood is our favorite! We go every year. They just added new water slides and a lazy river. There is a ton of stuff to keep the kids happy.
fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #4

Oceans lakes is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:21 PM   #5

Yes on Ocean Lakes
Old 06-27-2014, 09:07 AM   #6

Ocean Lakes X3. Great place. We've also stayed at Pirateland but Ocean Lakes is better.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:17 AM   #7

We prefer Lakewood. There is a lot of stuff to do there. We stayed at Ocean Lakes once and stayed in the HH section. it was nice but the Golf Cart Parade at night from 8p-11p was loud and bothersome. Crowded at the pool too. Just my opinion.
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:19 PM   #8

Lakewood got my vote with the new watersides for the kids. You really can't go wrong with any of the big 3 on the south end.
CT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #9

We are regulars at Myrtle Beach Travel Park. It is a bit smaller than the big three on the south end and very convenient to both Wal-mart and Kroger and Restaurant Row. Plus SC 22 ends within a mile of the campground so we have a straight shot in without any of traffic problems on the south end. Plus (for us) the only golf carts allowed are for the permanent residents in the park. There is also a long stretch of undeveloped beach next door which makes for great walking without stepping on someone.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:02 PM   #10

Yes on Hokiehall's post. We stayed at Myrtle Beach Travel park last year. Definitely not as crowded and not the heavy traffic coming in.
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #11

We just stayed at ocean lakes. It was nice but be prepared to have a lot of golf cart traffic. A lot! Very busy: Otherwise it was very clean, and seemed well kept, despite how many people were there. We had friends staying at the KOA, although it's not beachfront, it's very nice and has the traditional campground atmosphere. They will shuttle you to and from the beach, about a 5-10 minute golf cart ride. Pics are very deceiving online. Way nicer in person.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #12

Ocean Lakes CG. You will love it. The only suggestion I can make is rent a golf cart if budget allows it. Especially if you get a site far from beach. Our site was 2 site from the beach and I still got a cart for daily travels to Mart, pool, etc.

The CG is kept immaculately clean and the staff is phenomenal.

"Live" so that when your children hear the words Ethics, Integrity or Honor, they would think of You.

USMC - Semper Fi
Carlosrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:37 AM   #13

We have stayed at Apache the last few years. Smaller and older campground but we have grown to like this place. We also love the pier on the campground. They don't have any waterslides ect., just a pool and playground for the kids, but you are right on the beach. I have a golf cart but it's really not needed for the park, just the walmart runs etc. We started going here because others would not allow me to bring my cart and or motorcycle, but will gladly rent you their carts. That didn't set well with me. I have had friends stay at Ocean Lakes and Pirate land, they liked them both.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:38 AM   #14

We stay at Lakewood! Great place to camp and not nearly as crowded as some of the others!
textman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:26 AM   #15

Just got back from 8 days at Lakewood over 4th of July. 2nd year there. This has become my wife and my favorite vacation spot. Takes over 11 hours to get to, but well worth the trip! They did a great job with the water slides. Indoor pool, places to eat, miniature golf, coffee house, and many other amenities. It really is a camp resort. Close to Murrels inlet and Broadway at the Beach. Whichever campground you stay at in this area, try not to come in on a Saturday. We did a Friday this year and traffic was much better!
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:41 AM   #16

We'll be staying at Pirateland Campground the second week of September for the first time. My wifes sister & her family has rented a Park Model a few times and love it.

Looks great and looking forward to a great experience there..
2018 Coachmen Chaparral 338 TSIK
2016 (Seasonal Site) Chariot Park Model
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:57 AM   #17

W just got back from two weeks at MB Travel Park this last Saturday. We have two teenage boys and two younger girls, the DW and my in-laws that went. We loved the place and will definitely be back! They had the girls constantly busy with activities and collecting activity tokens which got turned in for an 'exclusive' token turn in party! The two boys also had a great time going between the beach, two pools, and lazy river. They had a new DJ for the season and he was EXCELLENT! The entire week featured some kind of entertainment for all ages. We liked that every spot had a small cabana for a table or hanging towels or a hammock. Their shower houses are new, and air conditioned as well as cleaned several times every day. It is a nice quiet park and we enjoyed that. Very light golf cart traffic as well. We will most definitely be back!

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg