Old 01-05-2019, 07:59 PM   #1
Kanadian Kamper

NASCAR camping....maybe..can you help?

Looking for camping recommendations for ONLY the following tracks with our
35 foot motorhome towing a car.

Richmond, Martinsville, Charlotte or Talladega.

My wife says she’s open to attending a NASCAR race as long as we can have:

Minimum..............electric
Nice to have.........electric and water
Ideal...................electric and water and sewer

We haven’t won the lottery (not yet anyway) so price is a concern
We’d like camping on the adjoining property.....walk to grandstands.

We’ve done Michigan International Speedway at Turn 2 Retreat, so she knows that worked perfectly.....our grandstand seats allowed us to see the rig from the seats. We attended for several days....not just race day.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S
and only sometimes pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:06 PM   #2

Charlotte, in front of the drag strip. Stone and full hookups. Most back in but wide and long. 32ft class c,and 20ft car trailer. Unload the car and back in without disconnecting. If I angle right, I can unload/load in my spot.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:35 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Are you talking about the Camping World Racing Resort Campground?

From google earth photos....looks like sites are at 45 degree angles to each other.
Do you remember the approximate price?
My wife has some disabilities with long distance walking, do you walk to track, or do they have shuttles?

Thanks

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S
and only sometimes pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:26 PM   #4
Usually Confused Member

Hate to give bad news but getting a site with electric within ˝ mile of any Nascar track is just about impossible, unless you’re talking about the 2020 season. Talladega is definitely the most friendly when it comes to shuttle services. Possibly some of the private campgrounds across the street. I was on a wait list for five years before I finally got a FHU site adjacent to the track at Bristol, and it costs $1,100 a year for two events.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:38 PM   #5
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Are you talking about the Camping World Racing Resort Campground?

From google earth photos....looks like sites are at 45 degree angles to each other.
Do you remember the approximate price?
My wife has some disabilities with long distance walking, do you walk to track, or do they have shuttles?

Thanks
We stayed at the cg that was adjacent to Tom Jonson cg which is now CW. They had Double pull though and lots of of room. The cg is about a mile from the track. They do have shuttle service to and from track. Call early to get spots. They are not that hard to get as less people attending the races. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 24
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:22 AM   #6

Funny thing is, they sell out for the World of Outlaws finals! I also think the 4 Wide Nats.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:48 AM   #7

C and C campground Talladega very close to track. well within walking distance

C&C Camping - The Champion Center | C & C Campgrounds - Talladega Alabama (205)763-0056
Amateur Radio W5CI 2017 Days Camping 77
2018 Days Camping 44
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:37 PM   #8

nascar camping

I can help u at talladega for the spring race and fall race for 2019 races. I have 2 spots on allison blvd.side by side.

Each site has elect,30 &50 amp with water and sewer.
This is best spot to see the race. You can see see all of turns 1,2 and 3 all back streach and part of the "dog leg" entering the front stretch.
Only motor homes are allowed site is asphalt.
These are my personal sites i have had for several years. I know for a fact there has been a3-5 year wait for these sites.

Dennis
texgasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:43 PM   #9

Sorry i forgot an important fact:
You can enter the track on tuesday b4 race and leave monday after race to stay out of the traffic.
See the entire race from site in the comfort of your rv and have great neighbors with common interest.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:16 PM   #10

RV parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by texgasman View Post
I can help u at talladega for the spring race and fall race for 2019 races. I have 2 spots on allison blvd.side by side.

Each site has elect,30 &50 amp with water and sewer.
This is best spot to see the race. You can see see all of turns 1,2 and 3 all back streach and part of the "dog leg" entering the front stretch.
Only motor homes are allowed site is asphalt.
These are my personal sites i have had for several years. I know for a fact there has been a3-5 year wait for these sites.

Dennis
Do you have a spot left if so how much.
Thanks
BennyChaney
Benny1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #11

I have been to several tracks with a 35’ and now a 42’ 5ver..

I will be at Talladega in April .. I am staying at Winners Circle RV park and camp ground.. it is right across the street from the speedway.. full service 50 amp. $82 per night.. there are non sewer sites for $67 per night

We go to Michigan every year and stay in Graves Farm
Jeff from Burlington Ont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:44 PM   #12

Several years ago we stayed at Yates Family Campground. It is about 1/2 mile or a little further across the parking from the backstretch. Too far for us to walk but easy access driving to a handicapped parking lot along the shuttle road that circles the track. We went in May for Allstar race and the 600. The price then was 400 for full hook ups for the 10 days. Would definitely consider staying there again, smaller park that didn't get crazy from loud partiers.
lescarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:16 PM   #13

We have stayed at Glenwood Acres in Charlotte. It’s full hook ups & across from the racetrack. It’s costlier on race weekend however decent price other days. Our spot was on the outside of a small mobile home park. Need to look at there website. May be too late for spring race.
Meemaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:35 PM   #14

nascar

yes i have 2 spots on Allison blvd at talladega for each of the race in spring and fall.
they have all hookups and easy to get into. the cost is $2200.00 US$$ for each site. i have had these site s for more than 10 years and due to health i will sell them. AS YOU MAY KNOW THERE IS A 5 YEAR WAIT TO GETONE SITE.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:07 PM   #15

There is camping at the track in Martinsville but I can not help with who or how it get in touch. You could call the track I suppose as they have several full time employees.

Do not know it there is any electric.

Also if you come to Martinsville, Econo RV are great people (Small dealer)
just north on Rt 220 if you need assistance with an RV.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:26 PM   #16

also Talladega has Free Boondocking camp sites with a Race Ticket
Amateur Radio W5CI 2017 Days Camping 77
2018 Days Camping 44
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #17

been to Bristol, Kentucky Speedway every year and stay outside and down the road at really nice campgrounds, drive back and forth to the races, its low cost and works for me, if anybody wants to attend with us message me
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #18
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatme View Post
been to Bristol, Kentucky Speedway every year and stay outside and down the road at really nice campgrounds, drive back and forth to the races, its low cost and works for me, if anybody wants to attend with us message me
Which “outside” campgrounds do y’all use. There’s a few nice ones but FHU sites are pricey. We use the Earhart CG which is sorta attached to the track. I noticed they now charge $200 for the boondocking sites. FHU still at $550 but hard to book.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Which “outside” campgrounds do y’all use. There’s a few nice ones but FHU sites are pricey. We use the Earhart CG which is sorta attached to the track. I noticed they now charge $200 for the boondocking sites. FHU still at $550 but hard to book.
oooohhhh yuck, at Kentucky speedway we stay at General Butler State Park Carrollton Ky, less than 40 bucks, very nice place to stay with full hookup at some sites, very big place and close to highway with gas and minor shopping in that area, i think it was 17 miles south of the track, perfect. At Bristol we stay at RiverPark campground in Jonesborough Tenn, 50 bucks, nice place to stay with full hookup, it is a smaller place but perfect also, i think about 5 miles from the highway, Walmart was close also, about 27 miles to Bristol all highway driving, loved the campgrounds with the river right there, going back again, hope this suites you it did us, if you have a spot at other tracks please share
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #20

Everybody does NASCAR different. We attend most of the western area races, but only if we can stay AT the track for a week. Almost always dry camp spots. Used to be first come first serve areas just outside of the actual track, but now most every track we go to is all reserved.

Staying at the track is a much different experience than just driving in. We love it. Nothing like partying for a week with thousands of fellow rednecks!!!!!

We have met some fantastic people at NASCAR, many who have become life long friends.

Have fun!!!

Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping