Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2020, 10:16 AM   #41
mik & roro

we've stayed there for the last 2 years. clean, quiet, and close to all GOLF!!! now will need to travel 40 miles from closest decent CG. i play in an annual tourney at palmetto dunes each year, and now are reconsidering because of the drive. if enough calls are made do you think it might "sway" the ?POA? to change their thinking?? hate to miss out on a week we look forward to. please help forum friends !!
shortgamemik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:03 AM   #42

We are seeing more and more strange rules in some RV parks, especially ones that cater to snowbirds. Most new rules relate to age of RV, length of stay, items allowed outside the RV. Also there are several parks that are going to MH only, and some of those are class A only. But they are always full! With the demand for RV spots increasing, it's only get worse for us riff-raff.
Boondocking looks better and better. But I will admit, the last few months we have to go deeper into the backwoods to get away from everyone. It is possible that a smaller, more off the ground, RV is in our future!
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 12:00 PM   #43

Interesting thread - thought my park membership with board of directors was the only one making 'new' rules that pinch me! So far no mention of year/slides/length, but they have implemented a list of items you can have in a space. 90% of the things they allow are items I do not have....I have 2 small (matching) totes, one for my sewer hose items and one for my clean water items. They were kept tucked under one side of my trailer, not really noticeable. Anything that is called a TOTE is no longer allowed - period. I had a conversation with the manager, he said anything I might say will fall on deaf ears. I wrote a letter (very nice, not angry) and got no response. Now get this....if you have a 5er, you are allowed to have whatever you want tucked in under the hitch! Luckily I'm not into this membership very much and could sell it without issue....will test the waters again this winter. BTW - I full time, have spent the last 4 winters in AZ or NV.
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 08:42 PM   #44

The age of camper thing is BS. Our friends have an 09 unit. They’d be told no or have to get permission. That’s just not right IMO.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:10 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchLiebeBier View Post
The age of camper thing is BS. Our friends have an 09 unit. They’d be told no or have to get permission. That’s just not right IMO.
Agree, my RV get s year newer each year..lol..

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:13 PM   #46

We stayed there a couple,of,years ago but chased out by that terrible hurricane that flooded NC and SC.

As I remember there were a lot of 5th wheels with slides in what looked like permanent positions. I wonder if they are grandfathered in? Probably. Oh well, spend my money elsewhere.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:23 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchLiebeBier View Post
Doesn't matter what we think, private RV parks can make whatever rules they want.
We have friends that have had to send in pics with reservations for their 12 year old RV, but they have never been turned down.
I think it's mainly a rule that parks use to make it easy to deny entrance if you show up to a higher end RV park/resort looking like the Clampetts moving to Beverly Hills
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #48
Brake is on left

Sounds like they are trying to achieve exclusivity. Basically make it a RV park and not a campground.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #49

It sounds to me that the POA has turned into a POS! Snobbery (word?) is what got this country into the mess it is today.
Old 08-30-2020, 11:47 AM   #50

We are wintering in a resort type park for the 2021 season and since we are new to the park we had to submit to background checks (really did) and send them a picture of our truck (semi tractor) because they had never had one in their park before. We acquiesced as we want to stay here to visit relatives but we did think it a little strange.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:56 AM   #51

Good Afternoon Mr. XXXXX,
Per the covenants of the resort starting September 1st we can no longer accommodate travel trailers or 5th wheels with slide outs. Motorhomes with slide outs are acceptable. Air streams, horse trailers and mini lites with out slide outs are acceptable. We are simply adhering to rules that have been in place since the 80’s. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Take care,
Morgan HHH

This was my response from them................................

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 12:01 PM   #52
PhD, Common Sense

It is snobbery. While I avoid snobs (and allow them to ostracize me from their snobbish dens), I will defend to the death their Right to be snobs in any way that they choose. It is called Freedom of Association.

I guess I just went a long way to say I wouldn’t want to associate with those snobs, and I won’t be losing any sleep over their snobbery.

And, yes, snobbery is a word.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 12:13 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Boondocking looks better and better. But I will admit, the last few months we have to go deeper into the backwoods to get away from everyone. It is possible that a smaller, more off the ground, RV is in our future!
Boondocking in a more remote location would be great. Unfortunately we dont have a lot of places like BLM lands and such. Time to move out west

We do stick with State, local, COE 95% of the time.
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 12:39 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
Sounds like they are trying to achieve exclusivity. Basically make it a RV park and not a campground.
The difference between an RV Park and a Trailer Park is the RV Park doesn’t have a permanent police department sub station.
Old 08-30-2020, 12:48 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
We are seeing more and more strange rules in some RV parks, especially ones that cater to snowbirds. Most new rules relate to age of RV, length of stay, items allowed outside the RV. Also there are several parks that are going to MH only, and some of those are class A only. But they are always full! With the demand for RV spots increasing, it's only get worse for us riff-raff.
Rules are good to maintain a level of cleanliness and order. There are those few that march to a different drum beat. We have also seen the Class A only parks. But what is in the wallet does not necessarily equate to personal qualities. Camping is not what one has, but enjoying having what one can afford and not judged by a neighbor. Boondocking is being responsible without supervision.

Our best camping memories were boondocking. Before marriage and in the early years after marriage, it was dry camping with a slide-in mounted camper on a very HD pickup with mud gripping 12 wides. Out west, it was high country trails and national grasslands. Heavy metal bars attached to the chassis and chained to the camper kept the slide-in attached over rough terrain. Most often, we were totally alone and self sufficient. Help would have been over 30 miles away. We had no cell phone or GPS. It was the same when we did back country camping in Canada. Some of those logging trail bridges had not been used in years. DW was pregnant with our first on the last trip. No matter how far back we were, we always left our sites the way we found them. If others had been there before us, they had done the same.

As the family increased, we bought our first new MH. Finances were limited, so boondocking for most of our trips was by necessity. We found a campground on the backwaters of the Mississippi that had gone bankrupt and was in receivership. We located the person in charge of the property and got permission to camp. He welcomed us any time as, when we were there, the property would not be vandalized. In return, we left it as we found it. For years, we had unlimited use of the grounds, a boat ramp, and docks. Hard to beat for the price of admission.

We had another spot on a lake. There was this spot with a peninsula jutting out into the lake. We asked the farmer for permission to camp. We were able to get to the water at the edge of the peninsula. DW caught her first 10 lb walleye from shore. However, we were not alone. At times, we had cattle visiting our camp site. We had no need to judge each other.

What I enjoy about being on this forum is recalling those good times and giving advice on solving problems we have encountered over the years. Relating to these events gives others the incentive to do the same.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 01:11 PM   #56
Brake is on left

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
The difference between an RV Park and a Trailer Park is the RV Park doesn’t have a permanent police department sub station.
Lol. But the RV park has Karens to do the policing.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 05:05 PM   #57
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Good Afternoon Mr. XXXXX,
Per the covenants of the resort starting September 1st we can no longer accommodate travel trailers or 5th wheels with slide outs. Motorhomes with slide outs are acceptable. Air streams, horse trailers and mini lites with out slide outs are acceptable. We are simply adhering to rules that have been in place since the 80’s. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Take care,
Morgan HHH

This was my response from them................................
Covenants and Restictions are put in place by the original landowner. It sounds like whomever built the park agreed to them but didn't and some current spot owner forced the issue or the management company did because it would need to be someone with legal standing to force the matter. That's who the real snob is.

Ray
Old 08-30-2020, 05:41 PM   #58
Part-Time Campground Host

We will stick to State Parks, COE Parks, TVA Parks, County Parks, USFS Parks, and USDA Parks....ETC.
Like I said in Post #14. They can have their CGs that are expensive trailer parks!

Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1689
cboss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:25 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboss View Post
We will stick to State Parks, COE Parks, TVA Parks, County Parks, USFS Parks, and USDA Parks....ETC.
Like I said in Post #14. They can have their CGs that are expensive trailer parks!

Me too. I like the prices on public land.

Also get to use all of my camping space and not get crowded out by a huge coach that grows in width to over twice it's original size when slides are out.

Had one next to me about 5 years ago in an RV Park that spread out so much i couldn't extend my awning more than half way.

They also parked their Toad half way into my site.

Needless to say I don't go there anymore even though it's convenient to one of my favorite destinations.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:38 PM   #60
NXR

Quote:
Also get to use all of my camping space and not get crowded out by a huge coach that grows in width to over twice it's original size when slides are out.

Had one next to me about 5 years ago in an RV Park that spread out so much i couldn't extend my awning more than half way.
Then you certainly don't want to stay where we stayed in February and March this year. And correct, we'll never stay there again.

Yes, 2.5" between the one window awning and the other's slide.

Did you catch that each RV is facing the alternate way because the hook-ups for each site are next to each other?

With 3.5" between the sewer and the fresh water.

That sewer "mushroom cap" was, ummm, interesting. If you pulled the black tank dump valve out at normal speed you got a literal s**t storm blasting out from under the mushroom and all over your fresh water stuff.

Open the picture of the permanent house and zoom around. Notice what is on the truck's windshield? It couldn't go anywhere because two of its tires were flat.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Closeness.PNG
Views:	100
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	238020   Click image for larger version

Name:	Closeness-1.PNG
Views:	94
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	238021   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hookups.PNG