Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #1

NY,Vermont,Maine & New Hampshire

Hubby and I are coming from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and want to enter the states into New York state on our way to the upper New England states any suggestions on where to camp and things to do would be great. We are travelling for 2 weeks. We have a 23' ft travel trailer, no kids.
2009 Flagstaff 23FBS
cluffsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

If you cross-over at 1000 Islands, plot a route through Adirondack State Park and head over to Lake George NY area, it's an absolutely beautiful area. Lots to see and do. Check with Lake George Chamber of Commerce for their schedule when you might be in the area. Best RV park bar none..........

Lake George RV Park: Lake George New York RV Camping At Its Finest

For Vermont....check out the area around Stowe VT..... Home of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream in Waterbury just down the road.........free ice cream with the tours........beautiful scenery in the area. Don't miss Smuggler's Notch.......but NOT with the travel trailer, tooooo skinny through the rock cut. Take time to tour Route 100 anywhere throughout Vermont.....voted one of 10 best scenic roads in the USA. Suggest Gold Brook Campground on Waterbury Road between Waterbury and Stowe.

New Hampshire...........central for camping in the area I suggest
Twin Mountain KOA372 New Hampshire 115 Twin Mountain, NH 03598

Be sure to check out local sites.......day trips to Franconia Notch, Mount Washington (highest mountain East of the Mississippi)(take the COG train to the top....or drive up if you're not afraid of heights), Conway NH.

You won't be disappointed!!!!!!!!!

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #3

I love the Mt Washington area in New Hampshire. I go camping for 9 days each summer up at Dolly Copp campground (Gorham, NH) up there. Its a national forest campground so there is no hookups or dump stations at the park (there are a few other private campgrounds as well) but its a great camp ground, well spaced spots made into small loops with quite a bit of privacy. Its a great spot if you are going to be in the area. Reservations can be made on recreation.gov.
loki008 is offline   Reply With Quote