Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Ocean Lakes Campground Myrtle Beach SC

We're getting ready to leave next Friday for a long overdue Vacation. We're staying at Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach SC. Anyone else heading that way?

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #2

I wish I was. I wish I was going anywhere this weekend. I hate sitting at home. Bored to death here. Hate it! Have enough fun for all of us that can't go anywhere for a while.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
We're getting ready to leave next Friday for a long overdue Vacation. We're staying at Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach SC. Anyone else heading that way?
We are headed out on the 26th for Mytle Beach for two weeks, we are staying at Pirateland. Headed to Hershey to pull our camper off of our seasonal this weekend and bring it home to get it prep. I posted pic from our last trip there two years ago....just 44 steps to the beach, we were able to get the same site this year. Enjoy.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #4

7,8, and 9 August my wife and I will be at Myrtle Beach state park.
PastorPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #5

We are going to Pirateland in July. never been to ocean lakes. we've always use pirateland or lakewood
rohlingerrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #6

Going to Lakewood last week of July. Went down 3rd week last year, but kids couldn't match up vacations with me this year. First time we ever went down there was about 14 years ago- 2nd week of August- MAN WAS IT HOT Switched to end of June for a few years, now July. Wife and kids just love that warm water. Hope the oil slick isn't there by the time I go this year!
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:40 AM   #7

IT'S OCEAN CITY ON STERIODS!!!!Make sure you eat at Crabby Mikes!! We moved from Finksburg to Lexington SC several years ago. We love Myrtle Beach
ravenmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:49 AM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmike View Post
IT'S OCEAN CITY ON STERIODS!!!!Make sure you eat at Crabby Mikes!! We moved from Finksburg to Lexington SC several years ago. We love Myrtle Beach
You were just a few miles from me when you lived in Finksburg. My wife and I lived in Hillendale Mobile Home Park when we first got married.
As for Crabby Mikes, I downloaded the menu and have been studying it. I think we're planning to go there Mid-week. Come on Friday! We'll be leaving around 10 PM and stop along the way for a nap or two.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 06-20-2010, 09:06 AM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmike View Post
We did Crabby Mikes last night. INCREDIBLE!!!!, What a great place and it's so close to us. Probably go back there later in the week. Thanks for the recommendation.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 AM   #10

More restaurant suggestions: We love the Sea Captain's House in Myrtle Beach and the Chesapeake House in North Myrtle Beach. Also, if you get up to Calabash, just over the line in North Carolina, Captain Nance's is a great place to eat. Lots of good places down in Murrell's Inlet, too. We usually stay at Myrtle Beach Travel Park, which is one of those big, full-service parks like Ocean Lakes. However, we avoid the crowds in summer and prefer to go there in the winter. Have fun.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
More restaurant suggestions: We love the Sea Captain's House in Myrtle Beach and the Chesapeake House in North Myrtle Beach. Also, if you get up to Calabash, just over the line in North Carolina, Captain Nance's is a great place to eat. Lots of good places down in Murrell's Inlet, too. We usually stay at Myrtle Beach Travel Park, which is one of those big, full-service parks like Ocean Lakes. However, we avoid the crowds in summer and prefer to go there in the winter. Have fun.
Thanks for the recommendations. We usually stay at MB Travel Park but decided to try something different this year. My goodness this place is so large, it could have its own zip code.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 07-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #12
Cardinal 04 31LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
We did Crabby Mikes last night. INCREDIBLE!!!!, What a great place and it's so close to us. Probably go back there later in the week. Thanks for the recommendation.
How did you like Ocean Lakes? We went there last year and enjoyed it. Two teenage daughters really enjoyed the experience!
Lots of people and so so many golf carts! I said they (golfcarts) were like lightning bugs; they all come out at dusk!

Hope you had a great time building memories!
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:22 AM   #13

PirateLand is the same way with golf carts and where our site is we see a lot of young kids that are standing up on the back and get thrown off and land on there heads in the middle of the road. I had talk to the security there and they say that the people that have homes there are the worst for not following the rules.

When it comes to having fun, one must be safe so that the fun can last otherwise the fun you start with could end up as a bad memory....Be Safe and have fun!

One other thing I saw this year while watching the golf carts go by, a young girl was texting while driving a golf cart in the dark, she was behind another golf cart that was making a left turn, when that person stop she didn't and ran right into the back of the other at full speed knocking out her head lights. The cart she was in was a rental the cart she ran into had a lift kit on it so she hit the rear plateform.

Now that I am on a roll.... FYI....One thing not to do while camping at an ocean campground....DO NOT leave beer in a cooler out side of your camper over night, teens roam the campgrounds looking for this, it becomes a party on the beach for them late at night and you will have none in the AM and in most cases your cooler will be gone as well.....So lock it down or put it in your tow vehicle if it can't fit into the camper, unless you would like to share with others.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #14

I think you will Love Ocean Lakes it is a nice place.
1970 Restored Cushman Trackster
Olratlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #15
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
DO NOT leave beer in a cooler out side of your camper over night, teens roam the campgrounds looking for this, it becomes a party on the beach for them late at night and you will have none in the AM and in most cases your cooler will be gone as well.....So lock it down or put it in your tow vehicle if it can't fit into the camper, unless you would like to share with others.
Thanks Wade now I'll have to start buying beer again!!

Safety seems to be the last thing on some people's mind. During the Golf Cart Parade it's scary to see little ones hanging on the front with their arms out trying to high five someone going in the other direction. The drivers get as close as they can so the kids can try to reach someone. I'm sure it happens quite a few times each year where someone slips or misjudges and the vacation is spend at the Emergency Room.

We really liked Ocean Lakes, everyone was so friendly, staff and campers alike. We'll be back next year!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR