Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #1

Ocean Lakes M.B.

Has anyone stayed at Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach.We are going for 2 weeks on March 25, any pros and cons would be helpful. Thanks
Jaz 1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:23 PM   #2

I haven’t stayed there, but we have stayed at Pirate Land which is next door. Nice park, and we plan to go back.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:23 PM   #3

Great family place. Lots to do for the entire family, plus MB itself has a ton of places to visit. CG is nice, large, clean and lots of security.
We'll be there for two weeks in April.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:59 PM   #4
Always Learning

We stayed there in April of 2016. Nice place. All of the water features were closed in April. Mid-week, the park was fairly empty. We were only about 3 or 4 spots back from the beach and it stayed full in front of us. Though, we had times that we could see the ocean.

I found the spots to be tight for a big rig. I had to finagle a bit to get our 42' fifth wheel aligned on the site and then the truck was constantly in the way. But, it's a beach campground and it's what I would expect.

It had the largest laundromat I've ever seen in a campground. And the other things were all well cared for (arcade and mini-golf).

Beach was nice, but too cool for our thin skin. And lots of jellies.

Here are pictures from our stay:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dougse...57667023763915
Old 03-14-2019, 07:40 AM   #5

If you like crab legs check out Crabby Mike’s just down the road. Ocean Lakes is nice, it’s quite, no loud noise. You are not far from the beach. Plus not many people in the campground when you go
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:46 PM   #6

Ocean Lakes doesn’t allow motorcycles. If you bring the motorcycles in a toy hauler you have to take the toy hauler back out to unload the motorcycles. Ocean Lakes is a very nice campground, the campground stays booked up from Memorial Day to Labor Day, usually a year in advance, over 800 spots. I have been told that on July the fourth there is 40,000 people at Ocean Lakes
Old 03-14-2019, 09:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
If you like crab legs check out Crabby Mike’s just down the road. Ocean Lakes is nice, it’s quite, no loud noise. You are not far from the beach. Plus not many people in the campground when you go
You have to have a coupon. lol
Attached Images

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
You have to have a coupon. lol

One coupon per party, I have used that coupon but at $35 bucks a person plus tip and tax. If you enjoy crab legs it’s a great place to go, get there early or you will have to wait. I was in Seward Alaska in 17 and I went to a nice restaurant and ordered king crab legs, I never thought I could eat a hundred dollars worth of crab legs.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:59 AM   #9

Have not "stayed" there but did a drive by while in area researching where to stay for future trips a few years ago. Most MB campgrounds are big, noisey and crowded. They offer very little shade coverage. I Always end up going to Huntignton beach park, It's a natural setting right between the beach and sound, lots of cool nature walks and such and bike paths..Plenty of alligators, birds etc to see, the castle is a short walk away. Lots of trees to get under for shade. Cheap. Only Negative for some is no pool, but you know you have that whole beach thing going on.
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:40 AM   #10

RLHjr

Yes we have, spent a week there last May and have another planned this year. The campground is pretty much self sufficient with a store, snack area, and they have an RV sales and store at the front entrance. While we there a mobile repair truck rode through the campground and I also saw one RV being cleaned by a mobile service as well. Go before the schools let out for summer vacation if you can. Camp sites can be reserved as far as 18 months in advance.
RLHjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:07 PM   #11

We booked this year's site last April. I want a concrete pad as I normally get the fiver washed and waxed while we are there. I have had it done three times before and it always looks good as new when they finish.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote